Chapter 7

[31 MARCH 2019 | DENISSE]

Our plane touched down at Fukuoka Airport a little past 5 PM.

We just had to wait a few minutes before it was our turn to get off the plane.

Jeonghan handed me my bag from the overhead bin.

He led the way while Cheol walked right behind, carrying his "Mystery Box."

We slowly made our way up the aisle to the exit near the front of the plane.

When we reached the first few rows, Woozi was there, seeming to be waiting.

When I passed him, he quickly yet politely inserted himself between us.

Woozi was waiting for me so we could disembark together.

Jeonghan, Woozi, Cheol, and I were walking side by side when we got to the airport gate.

A bunch of Carats were waiting in the lobby, waving posters of their SVT biases.

I felt their envy and jealousy, so I unconsciously took a step back.

Cheol caught my elbow and brought me back "in line."

When I looked at him, bewildered, he just smiled reassuringly.

Me, walking beside them was like the most natural thing in the world.

And it felt great, I couldn't help but smile.

----------------- [01 APRIL 2019 | DENISSE]

It's Monday, April 1st. We had one more day before the Japan Tour officially started.

Everyone was in a rush.

Running about.

Fixing things, here and there.

Checking if all the equipment worked.

I had the best job in the world --- taking care of my beloved SVT.

I was just bringing water for my HHU boys when I caught Cheol standing at the end of the hallway, looking at his phone.

He seemed to be trying to call someone, I don't know who.

He was unable to connect, judging by the perplexed look on his face.

He was looking at his phone like it was some alien object he couldn't make heads or tails of.

I approached him and handed him a sandwich and bottled water, which he accepted absent-mindedly.

"Aish!!! Why can't my call go through?"

I was the only one around and he seemed to be expecting an answer, so I prodded a little.

"Ahm, Cheol, what exactly are you trying to do, if you don't mind my asking?"

"There's this girl I met and, she's kind of strange but... in a nice way. We've met a couple of times but I've been trying to reach her, several times. I don't know why, but none of my text messages go through; even my calls don't connect."

He was walking back and forth, hands waving in the air, his face smiling yet confused, and his voice was beginning to become pitchy.

It looked like he was pondering an end-of-day kind of puzzle that could mean the death of mankind.

"Hmmm. Is she in Korea?"

"Well, I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not. She's Asian but I'm not sure from what country. You kind of look like her."