kissing~day two

this one isn't going to be smutty. slightly heated and suggestive, just to stay on theme.

also just an appreciation for how bex kisses like what the fuck. 

For as long as I can remember, it's just been the two of us. Audrey and I have been close in a different way than she is with all of her friends. We've always been there for each other, she tells me more than she tells Noah. I can't exactly describe it, but she understands how my mind works. 

However, about a year ago, I started looking at her differently. Maybe it's just because we're getting older, but now whenever she walks into the room it's like this wave falls over my body that makes me want to get as close to her as I can possibly get. Call me crazy, but she feels it too. The rest of our friends always tease us about this tension, but we've never brought it up to each other. I'm a little scared to, honestly. As much as I would love to explore this, if Audrey turns me down my life would be over. I wish Audrey could be as brave with talking about emotions as she is with every other part of her life. 

                                                                                            ***

"(y/n)! Over here!"

I slam my locker shut and see Audrey and Noah at the end of the hall, waving at me. Audrey has this big dumb smile on her face, and I can feel myself smiling back at her. I walk - more like run -down to meet her. 

She wraps me up in this big hug. 

"Hey, I called you last night, where were you?" she asks

"Oh, sorry, I got roped into mandatory family time, no phones allowed," I say. 

"Well, I missed you, (y/n)," she says, adjusting the strap of her bag. She glances at the floor and back at me, making me blush and bite my bottom lip.

"Okay! You two have fun doing...this, I'm gonna get to class," Noah says, patting us on the shoulder quite aggressively. 

I walk with Audrey down the hallway to our debate class. We always team up, I'm a better writer than she is, but she's so intense that whoever she debates ends up sweating or crying halfway through. She never yells, though. She gets so focused and never breaks eye contact. Her words are like daggers and every time she throws one, it sets off a spark in my lungs and I lose my breath for a few seconds. Does she have any idea how stunning she is?

I'm broken out of my daydream when I feel Audrey lace her fingers through mine. I look at her and she gives me a small smile. Her cheeks are slightly red. Rather than have a small gay meltdown in the hallway, I just squeeze her hand as we go into the classroom. 

We sit together in the back, with our desks pushed together. We never pay attention to the teacher talking, but he doesn't care seeing as we're both getting the best grades in the class. 

I feel my phone buzz, so I pull it out and I see Audrey's sent me a text. I look over at her, but she's intentionally not looking at me. 

A: What are your plans tonight? Please don't tell me you have more family time

Y: God no. Uh, none. No homework either! wbu?

A: No plans yet, but...do you want to do something?...just the two of us?

Y: Totally not creepy, Auds. But yeah! What do you have in mind?

A: Let's go downtown. You know how at night they light up the streets? I thought we could take a walk and talk the way we always do. I have something I've been meaning to tell you