Prologue

Something was up. At least that's what Tony thought. Tony had been observing Peter and he was becoming concerned over time. It had been a year and a half since May had died from a freak heart attack. Peter was only 16 now. And he had been doing a lot better after her death than Tony had expected. But now, after months of showing no signs of concerning distress, Peter was suddenly distant. He stayed in his room most of the time or he was out on patrol.  This change in Peter's actions took place over the course of two weeks and it was still steadily changing. 

At first it was barely noticeable, all that happened was Peter would spend more time in his room than usual. Not a lot more time. But slightly. Then he would come to functions in entertainment center, but near the end of the movie or meal people would realize that Peter had disappeared.

Jump forward to the present, after the beginning of the two weeks, and Tony couldn't help but acknowledge that the teen barely uttered a word. Which was decidedly strange. Peter was usually enthusiastic, and always holding a conversation over some topic. But now if he came out from his room, you would be hardset to get anything more out of him than squeaked out pleasantries.