is my cry for help that necessary?...

I can see the world; and I wish I couldn't. to you I am as tall as mountains, and as graceful as a breeze. I am so much more daring and beautiful than what you think; or maybe I have underestimated you all along. because you can count me (us) and the numbers have stopped rising.

you have had me on your walls, on your clothing, and in cages; but it seems that dead and forever gone is your one true goal for me. it seems that those of us that are free, aren't truly free at all. and the same fate goes to my cousins and neighbors. and that still doesn't phase you as I wish it would.

you have poisoned my waters and stripped me from my lands, claiming them as your own when we both know who is the real person who resides in them; and we aren't people at all. I was gonna give you a wake up call, but if you, beginning to drown in the ice caps isn't enough for you to pick up your act; I don't think anything I would say would matter.

but I am ashamed, and saddened. ashamed that this beautiful world has gone to ruin because of people like you. the greedy, selfish, power crazed, money hungry; where no means yes and yes means take it all. and sadden, that your entertainment is more important than a life. we are dying, and at an incredibly fast rate.

and I wish that you would care enough, to help us. and maybe not just us, but yourself also. when all that is left of us would be the whispers of those that tried to protect us, we will be no more than a passing breeze on a myth that has long been forgotten. and when that time comes, will you be able to see your damage then? will it ever be enough for you to see the consequences? will it ever...

************************************************************************************************

hello my darlings!!!

as I promised in my last authors note, here is a two for one deal. I really am sorry for not being more consistent in my uploading, but who knows, maybe in summer vaca I will be able to upload on a steady schedule and actually finish more than one book. I have a lot of ideas for more new works, but it seems that time is always a problematic factor when it comes to these type of things. I can assure you that this book will be lengthy, and maybe I shall leave it at a few chapters and then continue it on another book; still don't know. but this is one of the topics I like most to write and express myself about, so I can see a bright future for it. so I hope you all can enjoy it.

love, leo.