chapter 2

Lina's Pov
My alarm when off waking me up from my not so peaceful sleep like normal. I got up with a sigh of depression before getting ready for school.

 I got up with a sigh of depression before getting ready for school

When I finished doing my hair, I slung my backpack over my shoulder before I headed out the door to school

When I finished doing my hair, I slung my backpack over my shoulder before I headed out the door to school. I walked as usual and got there on time. I put the stuff I wouldn't need until after lunch in my locker.

I got through my first few classes with no problem and I was surprised. I expected Kathryn and her friends to come at me today but so far nothing. I walked into the cafeteria like I normally do and headed to the lunch line. When I got my food, I headed to my table I always sit at alone. However, today Kathryn and her friends were sitting there. Not really know what to do I walked the other direction instead but my name was called from the table. "Lina." I hesitate before I turned around to see who called me. I saw Kathryn's friend Lisa waving at me. I looked around to see everyone watching me curiously. I gulped before I walked over to them and stood there. "Yes?" I asked. "Have a seat, we want to have lunch with you today," Kathryn says. I pointed to myself before I asked. "With me? Are you serious?" I asked thinking it had to be a joke. "Yep, now sit down." The girl next to me named Julia says before she pulls me to sit down between her and Lisa. I sat there through lunch awkwardly as they shared about stuff I have no interest in Boys, parties, drama, sex. Im not very knowledgeable about any of the things so I was obviously left out. I stayed their quietly till Kathryn spoke. "Girls I need to use the restroom let's go." She says with that everyone but me got up to follow her. I stayed eating my food until she called me out. "Lina, come on." I was surprised to hear this. "You want me to go with you?" I asked they all nodded their heads as if I were the idiot. I personally am one of the girls who doesn't go to the restroom in a team. I don't understand why some girls do it but maybe this experience will teach me what average popular girls do in there. We arrived the ladies restroom but before they went in I boldly asked. "Why do some girls go to the bathroom in groups?" I asked making them stop and look at me amazed. "Don't you know the bathroom is where you take care of all kinds of business," Lisa states as she moved to let me lead the way I to the restroom. "Like what?" I asked getting one step in before I am pushed from behind I to the main area of the restroom. "ow what was that for?" I asked when I turned around to see them all surrounding me and getting closer. "You didn't really think we were being nice to you because we liked you did you?" Kathryn asked. "No, I had the feeling it was to lure me I to a false sense of security but I don't know why you all were doing that instead of just attacking me upfront," I explained as my back hit the wall. "So smart can't you. But you willingly followed us somewhere no one can help you." Lisa reminds me before she swings at me but I duck and she hits the wall hard. "You little brat!" She yells in pain holding her first. Julia was about to swing as well but I shouted. "Wait, why do you guys always target me? What have I done to you to make you want to hurt me so much?!" Asked genuinely curious. "You just make it so easy. It's easy to see you as weak and we know you wouldn't dare to fight back." Kathryn explained. I was in disbelief that I did nothing to them but they hated me. "So if I fought back would you not mess with me anymore?" I asked. "No, because if you get the balls to fight back it doesn't matter, we will still kick your ass," Lisa says while the other two nodded. "How are you so sure about that?" I asked. "Bold are you, well if you don't know simple math. 3 divided by one is 3 so if the 3 of us fight you at once you have no chances of winning." Kathryn says. "You know if you really wanted to know if I was weak or strong you would let it be a fair one on one fight that way we could see who would really win with their skills." "It's not as fun," Lisa says. "Well, then that makes you all cowards. Too afraid to fight fairly so you cheat to win." They were pissed at my truthful words and from then on it was living hell. When they left, I had buses all over my body and I was in pain. They were right I wouldn't be able to fight them even if I tried. Lunch was almost over and I don't want anyone to see me this way. I fixed myself up before I left the restroom and went to my locker to get my hoody. It was able to his my buses and scars then I went to my next class. I sat in the back away from all people like always and even though I was in pain and upset I still did my work. When my last classes were over I headed to get my stuff and hid until most people were done. That way no one would see me and make things worse for me. About half an hour after school was over I came out of hiding and carefully made my way out of the school.
When I got down the stairs, someone appeared in front of me. "Excuse me Ms.Lina." I looked up to see one of my two regulars dressed in an all black. "Oh, what are you doing here?" I asked he saw my face and grew concerned. "Ms.Lina what happens to you?" He asked as he tried to touch my face but I back away a little bit. Yes, I have been seeing him every day for a while but I don't personally know this man so I can just trust him automatically. "It's nothing to be worried about. I just hurt myself a little." I said I can hear the disbelief in his voice when he spoke. "Right, well you should get that taken care of." He says I nodded my head but he spoke. "Oh wait you know I can take you to get it taken care of. My car is right there." He offers and this is where I needed to cut it. "Um, sir." "Jonathan my name is Jonathan. Im sorry I never told you." He says with a chuckle. "Mr.Jonathan, thank you for the offer but I will have to turn it down because it is not really the safest thing to get into a stranger's car. I don't mean anything personal but just for safety reasons." I explained honestly. I know Jonathan was not a bad man so he would understand my coming from. "Of course how silly of me. Im sorry I forgot about the stranger danger thing. Well yeah just take care of your self and I'll see you around." He says I let out a relieved sigh when he turned around to leave. "Oh, also I have to ask you something." He says when I turned around to go but it made me turn back around. "When I did he sprayed something in my face and I instantly grew dizzy. Looks can be very deceiving was all I could think when I passed out.
Charles pov
" I guess the nonscary way wasn't as effective as you thought it would be," I said when Jonathan gets back in the car after bring Lina's unconscious body with him. "Shut up, let's just go." He says making me laugh before I drive off. After an hour we arrived at the mansion and Jonathan carried Lina inside. We were greeted by our co-workers and after a moment our boss came down with a smile. He looked over Lina happy she had arrived but when he saw she was covered in bruise he was concerned and upset. "Why is she all beaten up? What happened?" "Boss she came out of school this way, we don't know what happened to her," Jonathan explained. "Take her to the medical room to patch up. When she wakes up ill have someone give her the tour." He says before he walks away. "Yes, boss." We said as he left. We took her to the medical room and she was fixed up well by our doctors but we left her there for her to wake up.
Lina's Pov
I finally woke up from my sleep in a white room in a medical bed. I sat up confused on how I got here and where here is. I looked to my side to see a clock that read 6:20 pm. "Im late for work!" I shouted as ingot out of the bed but as I was about to run out I came face to face with one of the most handsome men I have ever seen in my life. He had had a good stare but in a second it changed a smile.