chapter 10

Stephen's Pov
The party was a big success and so was my dance with Lina. The whole night I was dancing with her and my friends and I had a great time. But now I feel guilty because I was with Lina most of the night. I know that's Paris left the party early but I didn't really think of that until this morning. I tried to call her when I was awake and not hungover but she didn't answer. I know she must be mad at me and I feel bad. "Good morning." Lina had come downstairs refreshed from last night. She unlike I didn't drink so she didn't have to deal with a hangover. She was dressed casually and she didn't have school.

"Stephen?" She called me because I didn't really answer

"Stephen?" She called me because I didn't really answer. "Hey." She tapped my shoulder making me look at her confused. "Huh? Oh hey, Lina." "You good? You look like your in a state of Panic." She says walking I to the kitchen and pulling out a cold water bottle. "Want one?" I shook my head and looked back down at my phone. "What's up with you? You're just starting at your phone like you're tryna make it ring." "I'm waiting for Paris to call me." "Why don't you just call her?" She asked me as if I hadn't done so already. "I tried but she didn't pick up so I'm waiting for her call back," I explained. "Well it's Sunday, maybe she's just sleeping in after that party last night." I shook my head at the suggestion. "She always wakes up around 7 every day and the first thing she does is call me. Also, she left the party early yesterday. I was having fun and was drunk so barely noticed but she never called or messaged me that she got home safely and now that she isn't picking up I'm getting worried." "Wow, I can just see you two getting married one day." I heard Lina say but I felt a bit uncomfortable thinking about Marriage in her presence. "Anyway, if you're so worried, instead of sitting here and waiting for her to call. Gotta her house and see if she's there obviously if she's in danger she would more than likely not be able to use her phone." I felt a bit dumb because the idea slipped my mind completely. "Your right, I'll see you later." I put my phone in my pocket and hurried to leave but as I was walking out I saw Derren making his way to the kitchen. "Morning." He passed me but knowing where he was headed I headed that direction as well. "Hey, you ready to go?" I heard him ask Lina as I was walking in. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Warren and I are doing hanging out today," Lina says opening the water bottle. "What did I tell you about cold water?" He says his arm was around her waist and this annoyed me. "I know but I'm not used to warm water. Unless its tea I don't like it." She says. "It's better for you." He says. "What's wrong with drinking cold water? I asked. " Derren said that it can send your body into a state of shock and something else if you drink it all the time. (So I'm not really sure about this so don't take my word. I just heard my auntie tell my mom something like that once and since in China they drink mostly warm water it was a good use of information.)
"Where are you two going anyway?" I asked. "Today we start her training for self-protection," Derren said but the fact he was the one running her made me think something was off. "Why are you the one training her?" "Boss personally asked me to train her." I couldn't believe it. "Why you and not me?" I asked him with my arms crossed. I could see that Lina was surprised and confused about my reaction to the information. "Maybe he just didn't wanna bother you with it. Also, weren't you on your way to go find Paris. You better hurry. The faster you go to her place the faster you find out where she is." I resisted and I realized finding out if Paris is okay is more important than them hanging out. "Fine, but when I come back in talking to my father about this," I said before I stormed to the door. "Why would he have Derren do it and not me?" I asked myself aloud as I pulled out my car keys and opened the door. However, the moment I did, Paris was standing there prepared to ring the bell. "Paris, I was just about to go to your house and look for you. Why haven't you answer my calls?" "When you called I was already on my way here so I thought I would just talk to when I got here." She explained before she walked past me. "I need to tell you something." I had pain in her voice and I knew what she wanted to say. " let me speak first. I'm sorry I neglected you last night. You were upset about me spending so much time with Lina and I'm sorry if I made you feel like I don't care or I don't want to be with you. I've just in a friendly and more of a family way taken a Liking to Lina. She feels like a little sister now and I just wanna take care of her." It was sudden but Paris stood on her toes and kissed me softly. "I'm glad you know me so well. Yes, I was upset about last night and the whole Lina thing but hearing what you just said I feel much better. I guess I'm just worried that when your father sees you two together, he feels like his plan is working. He's getting you two closer so at some point he can marry you two but now I know you love me and only me so I don't have to worry."
Lina's Pov
Derren and left the kitchen so I could get ready to go. "I just see Lina as a friend or like a little sister." It was Stephen talking to someone and by why he was saying I assumed it had to be Paris. I stood them for a second not really knowing why he had to tell her this. "I just feel like the closer you two get, the easier it will be for your father to have you two get married someday." "Lina, can't you gonna go get changed?" Derren asked. He had overheard them too but wanted me to not hear anything else. "Now I know you only love me and I won't worry." That hurt a bit but why should I complain, it's not like their stuff has anything to do with me anyway. I walked to my room and changed into something to work out in