chapter 6: suddenly flustered

Adrien was seated at his desk, grinning from ear to ear. Even though ladybug rejected his flirting as Chat noir, Marinette seemed to like when Adrien did it. This shouldn't be too hard then huh? Adrien smirked briefly, glancing at marinette and alya who were walking into class. Adrien sighed, gaze glued to the beautiful bluenette. And to think I used to think I loved Kagami... he rolled his eyes at his foolishness. How could he have been so blind? Marinette was definitely the one for him! Adrien blinked when he realized that Mari had seen him be flirt at by so many girls and never spoken up. She respected him and his choices. He listed the girls who he definitely was not interested in! Chloe... Adrien almost gagged, she was such a brat! Chloe, Lila, Kagami, rena rouge and sabrina. The rest of the girls were just a friend. Adrien shook his head. He was so annoyed at how stupid he had been in the past. He could barely count how many times he had called the love of his life, "just a friend." but now he realized that she was not just a friend, anymore, in fact, she never had been. Adrien had just been too stubborn to admit that he loved another girl who he thought was not ladybug. And now that he knew her secret, he was determined to get to know the girl behind the mask better, and love both sides of her just the same.

After class, Adrien grabbed his stuff out of his locker and approached Alya and Marinette while they were talking. "Hey girls!" Adrien greeted. "A-A-Adrien?!" Marinette stammered, flustered. "H-hi!" Adrien smiled shyly. She was so adorable! "Uh, hi." he smiled. "So marinette, I was wondering if you would like to... uh, if you would like to uh..." he fumbled for words, cheeks red with awkwardness. Alya lifted an eyebrow. "What? Spit it out Romeo!" Marinette looked at her best friend in shock. "Alya!" she exclaimed. Alya waited, expectantly.

Adrien took a deep breath. "Would you like to go out with me?" he finely blurted. Marinette's face instantly flushed red. "Uh, g-go out-t? W-with y-you?" she squeaked, making adrien blush at the adorable noise. Adrien nodded. "Y-yah." Alya nodded at her blue-haired bestie encouragingly. "Go on." she gestured with her hands. Marinette swallowed. "I er.." she breathed before replying, staring deep into his eyes. " of course, i love you! I mean i love what you do! I mean i- i would love to ...Eehee!" she stammered, correcting herself multiple times. This was too cute to resist! Adrien hesitantly walked to Marinette's side and put his white sleeve arm around her shoulder. "C-c-cool." he gulped, trying not to stare into her deep, bluebell eyes. Why did she have to be so beautiful? "So, see ya tonight?" he offered shyly, legs and arms numb, heart pounding within his chest.

Marinette's eyes widened. "T-tonight?" she exclaimed. Adrien smiled. "Uh, y-yah, if that's ok..." Marinette nodded frantically, too numb to speak. Adrien brightened, stepping away from her and taking his arm off her shoulder. "Ok, great! I'll pick you up! See you then!" he waved a goodbye, hoping into his bodyguard's limoscene. Marinette blinked. "S-so where are we going tonight?" she fumbled. Adrien blinked slowly, as if he hadn't thought about that yet. "Uhh- how about Andre's? For ice cream?" he suggested. Marinette wanted to scream joyfully. "Uh, y-yah, s-sounds wonderful...Eek! I mean sounds cool." Adrien smiled gently, green eyes sparkling with excitement. "Ok great! See ya then!" and with that, the door of the vehicle shut and the gray limo drove off. Though Adrien had passed them, his emerald gaze stayed glued to her.