chapter 12: the kitten and his princess

Making it to the Dupain Cheng bakery, Chat noir landed in front of the door. Though it was easier to drop down onto marinette's balcony, Chat noir had decided that this way would be the most honest thing to do. The bluenette's parents had no idea that he'd practically been making out with their daughter so at least they should know if a boy was in her room. He smiled nervously, taking a deep breath. Chat noir pushed open the door, walking inside. Marinette's mother turned her head as one of Paris's hero's walked into the room. Her husband did the same, eyes widening. "Chat noir!?" they gasped. Chat noir nodded, trying to shake off the awkwardness that so much attention brought. Bowing, he greeted them politely. "Greetings mr. and mrs. Dupain Cheng, I am here to see your daughter-" he began. Mrs. Dupain cheng gasped before he could finish. Turning to her husband, she blinked. "When marinette told us she had a date... I would never have guessed...." she trailed off incredulously, turning back to chat noir. Chat noir blushed. Wait... marinette told her parents... and called me her date? He cleared his head and swallowed. What would they think? That some cheeky playboy had come to seduce their only daughter? Chat noir blushed nervously. That was not what he was trying to do! Cat noir was truly in love with marinette. But they didn't know that... he swallowed again, bracing himself for overprotective parents. Instead, mr. Dupain cheng held out his hand for chat noir to shake it. His blue eyes shone and he smiled kindly. "Come here son! You are always welcome!" Chat noir blinked slowly, hesitantly accepting the hand shake. Mr. dupain cheng released Chat noir's hand, patting the hero on the back encouragingly. For a moment, chat noir wondered if this was how it felt to be encouraged by a father, he had never experienced much love from his, so this was new to him. He liked the fact that his crush's parents would treat him as one of their own, regardless of the fact he was a superhero. It was a calming thought. Shaking his head to clear it, chat noir smiled. "Th-thank you Mr. Dupain cheng-" marinette's father interrupted him. "Please son, call me Tom." he offered. Chat noir blinked. "Are you sure?" Tom's wife came forward to stand in front of the tom-cat suited boy. "Of course! No need to be so formal and you may call me Sabbine." she added. Chat noir grinned, unable to hide his happiness of experiencing the love of a true family. "Ok Tom, Sabbine." he said warmly. "Now, where is purr- marinette?" he corrected himself quickly. Though they didn't seem to mind, chat noir didn't exactly know how marinette's parents would react if they knew how flirty he was with her. I only flirt with her though! Her and ladybug, who are technically the same person, so yah... only her ,only for Mlady! He thought. Tom laid his arm on Chat noir's shoulder and winked. "Your 'Princess' is just right up stairs waiting." he chuckled at the surprise look in cat's eyes. Sabbine smiled gently. "We already know, ' kitten' she has told us all about you!" Chat's eyes widened. "S-she has?" he stammered. Tom nodded. "She can't stop talking about you! But she never told us your name! So now that we know she loves chat noir... we can sleep well tonight, knowing she's in safe 'paws'." he winked. Chat noir blushed. "Sh-she loves me?" he whispered, too quietly for them to hear. Outloud, he replied. "Thank you Tom, Sabbine, I promise not to do anything that could harm my prince- i mean your daughter." he promised, making his way up the stairs. Tom laughed. Sabbine winked. "Don't worry chat noir, we trust you, and it's okay if you get a little reckless... as long as you respect her-" Tom interrupted. "Just don't get our daughter pregnant! I'm too young to have grandchildren" he added. At that remark, Chat noir stopped dead, face flushed red in embarrassment. Unable to speak, chat noir nodded awkwardly, moving up the stairs once more. The last word they uttered behind him was an adoring; "aw!" Chat noir paused outside of Marinette's door, panting, Taking a moment to steady his breath and wait for the blush in his face to die down. Chat noir took a deep breath. This was it! He was actually going on a date with marinette A.K.A ladybug! This wasn't the first time... but the differece was that she had asked him out this time. Bubbling with excitement, chat noir knocked on the white door steadily. Immediately, the door swung open and without warning, marinette burst out, leaping into chat and flinging her arms around his neck. "Kitty!" she giggled excitedly, gazing into his eyes. Chat noir's eyes softened. Marinette was so adorable! Marinette released his neck, taking his hand in hers to lead him over to a couch. Sitting down, chat noir stared at their interlocked fingers, his gloved hand was still grasped in her's. His eyes widened, when she didn't let go. He had assumed that marinette would let go after she lead him over to the couch, but it didn't look like she would, and chat noir had no intend to ask her about it. Nervously, chat noir tightened his grip on her hand, eyes not leaving them. Marinette followed his gaze and smiled softly. Still holding his hand, she scooted closer to him, making him gasp in surprise.