seven

i look up to see dallon walking out of the kitchen with our drinks. a red wine and a water.

"i'm sorry it took so long!" dallon frowned, "our ice machine stopped working for a few moments so we couldn't put ice in your water for a little while. once again, i am so sorry."

"it is okay." i said. i tried to smile, as he and chelsea always smiled when talking to people. it just didn't feel correct though.

"okay, i'm glad!" dallon says immediately.  "what would you guys like tonight for dinner?" then i heard a small whisper that sounded like "i'm assuming you guys had enough time to decide."

"i'll just have the filet mignon." chelsea said simply. i looked at the menu questionably. what was it that she was ordering? i stared blankly at the paper.

"i would like the salmon, a small portion, if you don't mind." i said. i was not quite sure if i could eat or not.  i was not even sure of what i was.

i surely wasn't a human- i did not feel emotion.  nor was i sure that i experienced pain. so why would i feel hunger?

"alright!  it'll be out quicker than the drinks, i promise!" dallon said smiling  as he walked away.

"ugh.  he's so annoying!" chelsea said with a sigh, "he just wants tips.  being a waiter doesn't pay well."

i nodded stiffly as she, once again, rubbed and pinched my thigh.  i looked up at her.

"we have to go to my apartment after this.  thankfully we both got small meals.  that means we can," she touched my hips from her seat beside me. "have more time to ourselves." she said while smirking.

very quickly after that, dallon brought out the meals we ordered. chelsea was correct, they were both very small.