Chapter Four: Megara

"I'm a damsel, I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day."

 - Megara (Hercules)

It's been a couple weeks of living this hectic life with Halley and Louis was beyond exhausted and stressed. He didn't understand how celebrities go around with these day-by-day schedules that consist of fifty million things to do. He knew Zayn was tired all the time, but now he fully understood why and he wasn't even the celebrity.

As of now, Louis was busy helping Halley get ready to do this interview she had in an hour. He had to pick her up and make sure she was prepared because the interview was about her upcoming makeup collaboration and sometimes Halley just isn't good with interviews and informing others on products. She never had to that before.

Louis was quite proud of how much Halley's grown with her career. She's not just lazing around and being settled with her money. She's trying to grow and make a business and get more into her work. Honestly, Louis would have settled with just getting paid and taking the breaks while he can, but surprisingly, she wants to do more

While they were riding to the interview, Halley's phone rang and Louis mentally rolled his eyes when he saw it was her boyfriend Ethan. Halley smiled and answered the call, "Hey, babe. Are you on your way?" there was a pause and Halley's smile fell a bit, but she cleared her throat, "Yeah, okay. I think it's at three, right?"

She turned to Louis, who nodded, "The interview starts at three. It airs tomorrow at 8AM."

Halley then repeated this to his boyfriend, sighing heavily as she nodded. Like Ethan could see her through the phone. Louis felt a bit uncomfortable, feeling the tension in the air.

"Alright," Halley leaned her head against the window. "Well, you need to come today. You know why. Ethan, c'mon. This is my first interview about my makeup collection." She huffed, clearly frustrated, "Okay, well, it may seem small to you but it's a big deal and I need you to be there, how is it gonna look if my own boyfriend won't be there for me during my fir—are you kidding me? Don't ben asshole."

Louis grimaced, glancing out the window with an awkward face. He hated when people fought while someone else was in the car. Sure, Ethan doesn't really know that, but shit. It's like Halley forgot Louis was there. He felt bad, because it seems like Ethan isn't very considerate nor caring toward Halley. They seemed very lovey dovey when he first saw them. Maybe he doesn't have to be jealous anymore, considering Ethan is lowkey an asshole.

After a few minutes of back and forth, Halley just said shortly, "Whatever, Ethan. Do what you want. Don't come complaining to me when you have to explain this then." She ended it, "No, it's fine. Bye."

With that said, she hung up and Louis hesitated, "Explain what to who?"

"None of your business," she murmured, but her tone was quite sad.

"I'm sorry," he offered, unsure of what to say.

Halley turned to him with a confused expression, then asked, "Why are you always so noisy?"

"I just care," Louis said, trying not to blush after the confession. "Uh, b—besides, he seemed like he upset you and you have to be on stage soon. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

It was quiet and Halley bit her bottom lip. "I'm fine."

"Ethan doesn't seem as nice as I assumed," Louis said nonchalantly. "He really isn't coming to the interview? I mean, interviews aren't that important but when it's one of these, I feel like any boyfriend would want to go and support their girlfriends."