Chapter Six: Tiana

"The only way to get by is through hard work." 

- Tiana (Princess and the Frog) 

-

It was the first time Louis had to go out of the city with Halley, and to say he was nervous is an understatement. Louis has been traveling with Zayn a few times for award shows and his concerts, but that was with Zayn. Not Halley, who has been going back and forth between pitiful and just bratty. 

Louis never knew the model was such a spoiled princess. The girl he was practically in love with has many sides, and that one day it really showed. He understood why she may not trust him enough to judge her friends, but he still can't get over how rude she was to him at the campus on university, judging his worth. Not only that, but sometimes she can be a little more rude than he thought. 

After working for her for a few weeks, he's seen many sides of the girl. She's sweet and kind and even a little shy at times, but then she's also spoiled, selfish and cold to many people, not giving them the time of day. He didn't tell Zayn this, because he would rather not hear 'i told you so' by the boy. 

He knew Zayn was right, but he refused to admit it. It didn't stop Louis from liking her, though. He still found himself working for the girl, and not just because it paid a lot. But also because her attitude actually made him more curious than anything. She was rather closed off and he knew that always meant something. 

There's a reason for the way she behaves, because when she thinks she's alone, he sees her walls come down more. Which was why he was rather excited to go to New York with her. She had an interview at Good Morning America for her cosmetics and Louis was going of course, being her assistant and what not. It meant free trips and he always wanted to go to New York. 

"I wish I could go," Zayn grumbled. "It's not fair." 

"I know right? Making your second album and recording music and living your dream, but not being able to go to New York with your best friend is horrible. I truly pit you," Louis said with mock sadness, pouting at his friend."You poor thing." "

Shut up," Zayn groaned, rolling around Louis' bed. "I can be upset about not being able to go with you. I wanted to be the one to take you to New York." 

Louis shrugged, "We can go another time. I won't be able to do much anyways, I have to go with her to her interviews and shit." 

"You don't seem very excited," Zayn pointed out. 

And maybe he's just not. He's excited to go to New York but Louis knows Ethan is from America and lives in New York, which means the couple have to do some press. To say Louis isn't happy to see Ethan is an understatement. He doesn't like him at all, especially not after their little interaction after Halley's interview. 

When he said this, Zayn shrugged, "I met him a few times, he was actually cool. I think when people do PR dating, it just creates tension. He's probably alright but gets annoyed about doing PR with Halley." 

"Why? He should be glad he got someone like her instead of, I don't know, Kylie Jenner," Louis snickered, causing Zayn to roll his eyes. 

"Kylie's alright, don't be a dickhead." 

Louis laughed but didn't say anything else. He sighed as he looked at his suitcase that was only half full right now. He ran his fingers through his hair and tried to find another outfit. 

It was early in the year, so he knew it would be cold in New York. Their winters are freezing. His flight was in a few hours and he really needed to finish packing. He was never good at this shit, he always procrastinated. Plus he had to help Halley and he was not ready to get her items together. She was not good at getting items ready.