The Boyfriend

Madison Avenue is considered to be Lexington's red light district. It is where all the whores and gangbangers gather around to do their dirty business, and it is where the vast majority of Lexington's poor stayed. The once beautiful avenue had turned into a slum over the past fifty years since built, and had attracted the reputation of being America's worst street. However, something that Madison offered was simply undeniable for many people, and that was Madam Les's Whore House. While the streets of Madison Avenue were filled with many whorehouses, none could compare to hers. The reason why, is that Madam Les did not sell just prostitutes she sold peoples' dreams.

Prostitutes of the Madam were not only sex slaves, but fantasy makers too. They were anything and anyone you wanted them to be, a wife, a best friend, a maid and so on. Kind of like that Fox TV show Doll House, where the people were inserted with fake memories for a certain amount. Except these people knew who they were, they just didn't act like that. Which is why many people of all class flocked to them, whether they are rich or poor. Though the idea itself of paying someone to play husband for you sickened me, I too found myself going there.

At the age of nineteen, I still haven't been asked out yet and I am sick of waiting and being alone. Especially now in college, when everyone I love is so far away, it is almost unbearable for me. The apartment I own is so cold and silent at night without anyone. Even with all the fliers I put out looking for roommates, no one has called. I wanted company desperately, but not any ordinary company-the company of a man. So when news of Madam Les's Whore House hit me, I donned on my sunglasses and baseball cap. Finally, I am going to have a boyfriend.

The whorehouse was rather funny looking. It was a tall Chinese looking building with paper lanterns everywhere and Fui Dogs outside the door. Nevertheless, as tacky as it may seem the place intimidated me. In fact I was about to leave when a voice spoke up. "You a cop?" it said tiredly.

I turned to see a pair of almond eyes peeking from a crack in the door. I swallowed hard. "No, I just came here to-uh-to buy a lover." I stuttered my face red.

The door opened revealing a young Asian woman behind it. She wore a long pink silk kimono with her hair in a bun being held by golden pins and rubies. A smile showed on her face when she saw me. "You are quite young for one of my customers, but I'll accept your money either way." She said her voice now soft and gentle.

My eyes widened. Wait; did she call me her customer? That would mean that she is Madam Les, the Madame of this brothel-but she is so young. "I see you've figured who I am. Most people don't. The men who come here straight off think I am a prostitute, while the ladies see me as an aide of the Madame. However, I am she and she is I. There is no other Madame but me." She replied.

She turned to me with a gleam in her brown eyes. "Before we continue I must know the gender of your lover." She more so stated than asked.

"Male." I whispered my throat dry.

"Alright then right this way." With that, she began to glide down the stone halls. We passed many rooms, most containing window where everything inside was revealed-and I mean everything. In one room a blond girl was having sex with three men all at once . The image made me blush and quickly turn away. It was something definitely not needed to see, but being in a whorehouse, I guess I would be seeing a lot more things. In another room a row of women were lined up wearing nothing but white towels. In front of them two men, wearing suits judged them. "Those are customers of ours; they are making the important decision of choosing their woman." Madam Les explained, seeing my curious expression, "Both men have fantasies of another woman, whom they cheat on with."

"Can't they do that with regular prostitution?" I muttered.

"Yes, but where's the fun with that. Here the woman will act like the real thing, calling-obsessing everything an other woman does." One of the men pointed at a tall red head in back, instantly she dropped her towel revealing her body. Once again, I turned around in embarrassed. I really shouldn't be here. This isn't who I am.