The Boyfriend -Ch 3.2-

We finally caught up with them at the exit. Luke had forgotten one really important thing, I owned the car. Well, actually rented this time seeing how the limo from Madam Les's was still in our possession. Boy, would Luke get a kick out of this. "So Steph, where is that piece of junk you call a car at? Parking lot A, B or C?" Luke asked searching a map posted to a wall.

   "Actually, our ride is right there." Asher replied smoothly. The limo pulled up right on cue. I swear my brother's eyes went wide after all, Jared and Bubba's did for sure. In fact they were jumping up and down in pure ecstasy. I gave Luke a quick smirk before stepping into the limo. Asher followed suit having open the door for me. Next came Jared and Bubba who's eyes widened more as the fascination of the limo surrounded them. Luke was last, entering it with a frown on his. I could tell that he found all this rather phony. So much so, he's probably coming up with a scenario of why Asher rented a limo to impress him.

    The driver window unrolled. It went silent. "Where to ma'am?" British man asked.

                              "Northwest Ordinance Trail down in Lake County, you're going to want to stop in front of the Baker's Dozen to reach our destination." I replied.

    He nodded. Rolling the window back up. I leaned back relaxing in Asher's strong arms. After a minute or two it struck me how quiet it still was.  I looked over at Luke who was staring creepily at me. "What?" I asked.

      "Our destination? What are you now? Tomb raider, Laura Croft?" Luke mocked.

The urge to flip him off was strong, but not strong enough. Besides it was too soon in Asher's and my relationship to be showing him the unlady like side of me, even if he is a prostitute. Speaking of Asher, the appearance of sheer curiosity was written on his face. His green eyes searched Luke questioningly, seeming to be about to burst in he didn't ask. "Does she also talk like a forty year old to you?" Asher questioned bluntly.

        My jaw dropped, not this again. Luke bothered my enough on the matter, I really didn't need any more trouble from my hired boyfriend. However fate granted me with a brother who thought mocking his younger sister was considered funny. "Dude! Does she still do that? I mean, God yes, she does! As a teen she would always say things like 'would you like to come over for refreshments' or 'dad forbade you from using the computer.' It was funny" Luke belted out laughing.

         He laughed for a good five minutes before finally shutting up. For the first time I truly thought to forbade Asher from mentioning something. But the soft glow of laughter that seemed to cling to him in these situation change my mind. This only meant that dirt on him and Luke would need to be dug up for proper safety reasons. "Stephanie, can we open that?" Jared asked directing to the sunroof.

       Bubba nodded in agreement, both boys obviously daydreaming of their wild hair blowing in the wind. I unrolled the window and stuck my head out. Wind rushed past me, blowing my hair wildly into the night. I could feel Bubba and Jared tug on my pant legs urgently wanting up too. However I chose to ignore them. The wind after all felt so good and it was too early to come down. There was a sudden tug pulling me back into the limo. I looked  for the culprit, to find  Asher in front of me with a serious expression. "You're going to get whack in the head if you stay up there." He informed folding his arms.

    Luke nodded in agreement along with Bubba and Jared. I pouted, those three never let me have any fun. Yet when they want to do something insane such as sky diving or climbing the state empire, it's alright.  That's just hypocritical. Then again it was Luke. Ever since we were children Luke had one rule: watch over Stephanie, while doing something idiotic at the same time. Why he adopted such a cause is a mystery. Perhaps he thought it annoyed me, which it did quite thoroughly or maybe he wanted to remain the star in our parents' eyes. Whatever the reason was, I blame half of my dating failure and half of my desperate need for company on him. After all he was the one who made sure to be wherever I happen to be at all times, even when my parents told him it was unnecessary. "So Asher, how did you meet my sister?" Luke questioned suddenly.