FamilY IssuEs | Prologue

Song - I will not bow by Breaking Benjamin

I like to think of that song as Michael's theme song and the one that John Carpenter made is his theme music, because it's not really a song. Noone sings in it, so yeah... And it's one of my favorite songs. Hope you enjoy the chapter! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------

Michael Audrey Myers was roaming around in the school, searching for his little 9 year old niece, Jamie Lloyd. She was somewhere inside of this building. He could literally sense it. After he searched for like 5 more minutes, he found her. She tried to run, but he grabbed her by her left wrist. She screamed and he kneeled down, pulling her into a tight embrace, making her go quiet. She seemed confused. "What are you..." She stopped and understanding came to her mind "You never wanted to kill me...am I right...?" Michael nodded. "But...what do you want from me then...?" She asked. Michael looked at her, pointing at her, then at him and then he tightened his grip around her a little. "You....want me to stay with you...?" He nodded. "But what about Rachel? You killed her!" She seemed angry about that, but she also cried silently. Michael looked at her for a moment, not knowing what to do. Then he wiped her tears away and pulled her pack into the embrace, trying to comfort her. "Uncle...? Why did you become like this....? Why did you start to kill people....?" She asked "Please I want to understand...." He looked down to the floor. ^Even if I would tell you, you wouldn't understand...^ He thought. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" They heard someone screaming in terror. It was Rachel, blood covered and armed with a baseball bat. "Rachel wait!" Jamie shouted, but it was too late. Rachel had already hit Michael on the head with the bat. In this moment, Doctor Samuel J. Loomis entered the building. He instantly pulled out his gun and shot Michael, who tried to get up. Michael dropped back down, not moving or breathing. He just lay there. He felt hot tears stream down his face underneath his mask. ^Why don't they see I don't want to hurt her....?^ "STOP!" Jamie screamed at them, standing protectively before Michael, stopping Loomis from shooting again. "Why?! He wants to kill you!" Rachel said. "HE DOES NOT!" Jamie seemed mad "He never wanted to! Why don't you see this!? He isn't as evil as you think! All he wants is for me to stay with him. He hugged me Rachel...he loves me probably....give him a chance! Please! I beg you..." "But he..." "He saved me, Rachel! I would have fallen to my death if he wouldn't have grabbed a hold of that rope! He wanted to protect me... I understand that now. You need to do as well." Jamie said. Loomis looked at her, then at Michael behind her, who was getting up into a sitting position. "Michael?" He asked. Michael looked at him. "Is that true? Did you save this little girl?" Loomis asked away. Michael nodded, looking at Jamie and softly grabbing a hold of her hand. "T....thank you....." He whispered, almost unhearable. Jamie looked at him. "What?" She asked, not having understood what he said. "Thank you....Jamie..." He repeated, louder this time. Jamie smiled. "There is nothing you need to thank me for, uncle...I just did what was right..." She replied. "Michael....you...spoke...." Loomis realized. "And he realized it..." Michael said. Jamie laughed. "You're funny, uncle." "I'm a born comedian.....not really." "Wow, you got talkative very fast, Michael." "Would you just...stop ruining that moment?" Rachel said. "I'm sorry, that he has never talked to me before. I'm just surprised!" "You know that's not true. I did talk to you when I was a kid. But I haven't anymore since my mother died of suicide. Sorry, that I was traumatized after that and didn't want to talk to anybody...geez...you pretend like I've been the mute guy since I was born..." "You...know what happened to her?" "Did you really think you could hide it from me forever? I found out two days after. I heard someone talk about it and it hurt me to know that I was the reason of it! Because I was sick! A fucking psychopath, that killed half of his family and I'm probably the reason of one more suicide that happened around that time, because I killed some guy that was picking on me and dragged my mother into that shit. You always wanted to know what was going through my mind, now you know. And? Does it make you feel better? Because it doesn't make me feel any better having told you..." "Michael....you..." "No. Just...leave it be. I don't want to hurt anybody ever again... But I know I will if I stay. I'll just go..." Michael said and stood up. He picked up his knife and stabbed a nearby wall, leaving it there. He was done with everything and he didn't want to even live anymore. He walked into the forest, going deeper and deeper into it until he reached an old tree, probably over a thousand years old. He put his hand on the thick and mossy trunk and moved his fingertips over it in a careful motion as if he was afraid to break it. He looked at the trees crown where the branches moved a little from the wind, that was blowing softly through its leaves. He sat down, leaning against the tree, closing his eyes and taking of his mask. He couldn't hold the tears in and he didn't want to either. He just let them fall while he was getting the MP3 Player out that he had taken from a teenage girl he killed earlier that day. He put the headphones on and listened to his favorite song of all of them. I will not bow from Breaking Benjamin. He tried to keep himself from singing along, but ended up doing it even though. Little did he know that he was watched by Jamie, who had been following him as well as Rachel and Loomis. Michael wasn't happier when the song ended, but at least he didn't have the urge to starve himself to death anymore. He listened to the whole list of songs on the player, which was a total of 374 Songs of various rock, punk, metal, indie and emocore bands. He was listening to a song called "Happy Song" from the band Bring me the Horizon when the battery of the player died out. "Well...shit." He said quietly "At least the song was almost over anyways..."
He put the player away and allowed himself to sleep for a while. He slept peacefully until the next morning, but when he woke up, he wasn't in the forest anymore, but in a pretty familiar looking room.

----------------------------------------------

Well. Hope you enjoyed. And sorry, that I made Michael a little suicidal there. But I mean...it's my story...and it's just normal for people to get thoughts like that after such events, even if they are centuries in the past. It also could be because I wanted him to act a little more human since he was "cured" by Jamie. I want her to be the one that has to put him back on the right path and that makes him feel better. She should be the one family member, that helps him through everything and makes him laugh whenever he is feeling like he isn't wanted or doesn't belong. Like he's not worth anything. And I also want Loomis and him to catch up and become friends, but I don't want that to be too easy for them, because Michael is still mad at Loomis for trying to hide his mother's death from him. And Rachel...well... she's the overprotective sister and tries to talk Jamie into leaving Michael to himself and abandoning him. You'll have to continue reading to know how it will turn out in the end. It won't be that simple and I haven't even started the actual story yet. This was just a little prologue, as we writers like to say. ;D The real story starts with the next part.

So keep on reading and stay tuned for the next part of FamilY IssuEs.

~ Michael A Myers