Chapter Two

Ainia

I sat down at the little table Will set up in the living room in front of the fireplace. Normally, a little wooden coffee table was placed there in front of the leather sofa, but it was replaced by a table for two covered in a white tablecloth and set with two plates, two napkins, silverware for each person, and a lit candle. The fire was on, filling the room with warmth and coziness.

“Do you need any help?” I called to Will, who was in the kitchen preparing the meal.

“No, I’m fine.” he replied

After serving me a beefy steak and mashed potatoes, Will sat across from me.

“Bòn Appetite,” he said, smiling. I cut into my steak and took a bite. The flavor was sensational. I moaned with delight.

“This is amazing,” I exclaimed, “thank you.”

“My pleasure, Princess,” he replied. I frowned.

“You know I’m not a Princess anymore,” I whispered.

“Ain, you are my Princess. Now don’t forget that,” I nodded. “Now, back to dinner, my love. You need to eat.”

After eating our steaks, Will served mint ice cream.

“Fresh from the store,” he said, “I know it’s your favorite.” I quickly ate the sweet treat. Will leaned over the table, pulling my face close to his. His breath smelled of mint, fresh and cool. He pulled his lips hungrily into mine and entwined his tongue into my mouth. We stumbled out of our seats at the dinner table to the sofa. Will pushed me down onto the leather seats and kissed me once again. I grabbed his white button down and began to rip the buttons apart as Will reached his hand past my waist and reached under my skin tight dress. I fumbled with the buttons on Will's shirt, finally getting it open, exposing his hard abs. I ran my hands down them, lowering to his jeans, pulling him closer to me. He pushed my dress up a bit further, exposing my upper thigh.

My breath caught as he placed kisses down my neck, lower.“Will,” I said, putting my hands on his chest and pushing him away, catching my breath. “I don’t want to have another baby.”

"Shit," he sighed and climbed off of the sofa. I saw the hurt in his eyes. He looked away. “I’ll clean this up,” he said, his back to me.

“I’m sorry,” I stammered. I put my hand on his shoulder and kissed his neck.

He pulled away abruptly. “No.”

I took a few steps back before turning on my heel and running up the stairs, tears beginning to fall, hot, wet tears, running down my cold cheeks. I crashed into the bed, sobbing.

“Mother!” I yelled, “Why did you have to leave? I need you. Why did you have to go?” I needed Mother, someone to help me. The trauma of losing Olivia had taken a very hard toll on both of us, and I couldn’t have another child so soon. Couldn’t Will understand that? But that meant sacrificing the physical relationship Will and I had. I loved him and I needed to show him that, and what I did was the farthest thing from expressing love. I had no idea what to do.

The next morning, Will had left before I woke up. He was working with Daniel in the construction business. I called Helena and scheduled a brunch with her at the small diner in town. I got dressed and ready to go, wearing a nice blue blouse and dark wash skinny jeans. I grabbed my little black purse and walked out the door. I met Helena at the edge of the town square, and we walked to the diner making small talk. We sat down and ordered coffee.

“So,” Helena said, “what's up? You sounded upset on the phone.”

I sighed. “Last night, Will cooked me dinner, set up a little table with a candle and a warm fire. It was so sweet.”