Crying Happiness

Y/N POVI've been friends with Jihoon for about 8 years now

Y/N POV
I've been friends with Jihoon for about 8 years now. Back then, we would always go to PC room, karaoke, and arcade together. That ended when he became a trainee at YG. He would have to go directly to practice everyday after school, and would never have time for anything else. Honestly, at first I was surprised as to how he got in such a big company. I mean, everytime we went to karaoke, his score would always be less than an 80.

I guess it wasn't a surprise to me that he got kicked out as a trainee a year later. But, I felt really angry at the company. How could they do something so harsh to an 18 year old? Even after training there for one year? When he first told me the news, it was on the phone. He sounded very calm and unaffected, but I know him better than anyone. So, I invited him to go to karaoke together, to bring the mood up.

It was surprising what one year of training can do. He sang 5 songs by himself, and he got 100s on 4 songs. The other one was a 98.

I guess even after some time, Jihoon still wanted to be a part of YG. So, he sent a video, and later got accepted.

Present time
I've been watching YG Treasure Box and kept an eye on Jihoon. I can see that his performance and vocal skills have improved, but he didn't seem to stand out.

After seeing the preview for the 1:1 battle, I was worried that Jihoon might get eliminated. I contacted YG Entertainment, and they allowed me to moniter him from backstage.

When it was Jihoon's turn, I could see that he was going against Jyunhao, who I was also personally rooting for. Jyunhao seemed so happy and confident, but Jihoon kept looking down. I could see he was holding back tears. But, he had to do his best to stay in.

I thought the performance was great, but I only clapped loud enough for myself to hear. My hands were starting to get sweaty, and I couldn't wait for the elimination announcement. "So the treasure who will be able to keep going with us is....................

Park Jihoon" -Yang Hyunsuk

I was thrilled that Jihoon gets to stay. He went through so much. I'm pretty sure he thought of something similar to what I was thinking, because he started crying on the spot. As both of the trainees came backstage, Jihoon didn't notice I was there. I jumped behind him, and gave him a biiiiiiig hug.

Jihoon needed a moment to take in what was going on, but as soon as he noticed, he automatically started bawling. I could tell he was crying happiness, and my tears slowly fell out of my eyes too.

Author's POV
Every trainee and idol has worked very hard, and their fame is never handed to them. Long practice times and suffering went into it. Think about that before you criticize k-idols or trainees for being overrated.

Thanks to DarkThoughtsDarkMinds for the request!

Sorry for any typos!