It's the Inside that Counts

Y/N's POVEveryday, I would dread going to trainee practice

Y/N's POV
Everyday, I would dread going to trainee practice. As soon as I opened my locker, there would always be a note inside, criticizing my appearance or skill. At first, I had no clue who it could be. Then, some of the boy trainees told me. They told me the name, and I automatically knew who it was. He and I even went to the same school. Jeongwoo. Park Jeongwoo.

After he found out that I found out, he would just say harsh words tome directly. Again, aiming at appearance and skills. And at school, even grades. Jeongwoo was the student body president at our middle school. He had the grades, vocals, athleticism, popularity, and some would say visuals. He knows he would ruin his reputation if people saw him saying stuff to me, so he does it when no one is looking. Even if I tried to tell the teachers, they wouldn't believe me.

Today, it was Jeongwoo and my turn to clean the class. How great. While we were cleaning, Jeongwoo nudged all the trash towards my direction. He then wrote on the chalkboard, Lose some weight!, and drew a picture of a pig. I don't really know, but I wasn't really bothered by it today. I guess I got used to it, since he did it since I first became a trainee. I didn't react, which caused him to smirk a little. He stood there for a little bit, then he did the most unexpected thing. He pressed me against the wall.

His face was only millimeters from mine. I could feel his breath. I could feel my face starting to heat up, and my heartbeat was racing. I don't even know why so don't even ask. "Are you nervous?"

I shook my head and gave a resolute "no".

"Ya know, you really should study harder. I mean, you were only 10th out of 22 students. Maybe I could tutor you Pig". *wink

I really didn't feel like talking to him, so I slid myself out and continued cleaning.

Jeongwoo's POV
I knew from the moment I saw her she was perfect. She never stood out at school, but she was flawless whenever she sung or danced. I knew from the start that I'm really bad at hiding my emotions, so I tried to convince myself that I don't like her, by bullying her.

From that day on, I kept writing notes to her. Criticizing her. I always wrote the exact opposite of how I felt about Y/N. After a while, she figuered out that the notes were from me, so I would just say things directly to her. After a while, it actually started to be really fun. It was cute to see her upset or embarrassed face.

Today was the day that me and Y/N get to clean together. I did a few small actions, writing stuff on the chalkboard and putting trash in her way. She didn't seem affected though. It took me a moment to think of something, but once I did, I pressed her on the wall.

I said a few things. I could see her face getting red, and I could slightly hear her heart beat. It was cute to see her in this state too. As she walked away, I put a smile on my face.

The next few days, Y/N would ignore me, no matter what I did. I felt neglected by her.

One morning, I didn't want to go to school. But, we had mid-term, so my mom kinda made me go to school.

When I got into the building, I didn't feel like going to class, so I just went up to the roof. It was a sunny day with a cool breeze. Just the perfect day to confess. If onlyI wasn't a coward.

Y/N's POV
Apparently, Jeongwoo wasn't here yet, and the teacher called his mom. His mom told him that he came to school. "Y/N, can you look around the school for Jeongwoo? Thanks"-Teacher

I looked around the school, and finally found him on the roof. He was staring into the blue sky. I tapped him on the shoulder. When he noticed it was me, he bursted out, "Can you forgive me? I only bullied you because I like you and blah blah blah blah Will you go out with me?" -Jeongwoo

"Uuuuuuuummmmmmm sure? I'll give you one chance". -Y/N

I agreed.

Jeongwoo's POV
She agreed *smiles

I gave her a hug.

Y/N's POV
He gave me a hug. <3

Author's POV
A person's heart is more important than the outer layer. Try to reach into it, and don't just look at the outside.

Thanks to Mooneverlandeu for the request!!

Sorry for any typos!!