Chapter Three: So This is Love

Song: So This is Love - The Cinderella Soundtrack

When I pulled into Richie's driveway, no one was following me.

'Thank Gosh for Richie teaching me to bike really fast.' I thought gratefully. Who knows what would've happened if my rotting mom or that creepy clown had gotten me.

Calm down, Harmony. We don't even know that the clown was mean. He was checking if I was alright.

But the floating thing?

Even the biggest clown admirer out there has to admit that that part was a little funky.

Calm your horses Harmony. It's not like the clown is going to come out of nowhere and scare me and then bite my butt off!

Although, if he did then Henry would have nothing to grab.

Who knew having a perfect ass was a curse in disguise??

Alright, Harmony. Stop having a full-on conversation with yourself in your head and go knock on your boyfrien-

 No. 

Nope.

Not today Satan.

I brush my self off before going to knock on my FRIEND Richie's door.

However, nobody answered.

"Hello?!? Rich?"

Maybe Richie was busy. Maybe he's on a date. He and the boys always talk about Richie's crush, but they never tell me who it is.

What if he didn't answer and the clown had been following me? What if he's justing waiting for the perfect moment to strik-

"BOO!!!!!" Someone... or something shouted behind me.

"GET AWAY FROM ME STUPID CLOWN!" I said, turning around and I slapped the heck out of the clown.

I looked at my hand, ready to see the smudged makeup of victory on my hands, however, there was nothing there.

I looked up at him to see that it was, in fact, a clown, just not the one I was expecting.

"What the fuck Mon?" Richie groaned, holding his nose. I started to laugh hysterically. I couldn't help it.

"Oh...my...God," I said in between laughs. "This is priceless!"

"I'm glad you think so because I definitely don't!" Richie whined.

"Oh baby, I'm sooo sorry that I almost broke your face! Are you ok? Do you want to kiss me to feel better?" I said in my best baby voice, pinching his cheek as he puckered his lips.

"Yes please." 

"Alright," I said, sighing and turning around.

"Why are you turning around?" Richie asked, confused.

"So you can Kiss. My. Ass." I laughed, but Richie just walked closer.

"If you insist, although I'd rather you take your pants off first." He paused for a second. "And your underwear too."

"In your dreams. Now come on, I wanna watch a movie!" I whine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you're making me watch Cinderella again!" Richie groans from next to me, but I keep my eyes on the screen.

"Shh, Rich. This is the best part. It's when they meet and instantly fall in love!" I sigh dreamily and rest my head on his shoulder. 

"So this is love,"  The song starts. Richie puts his arm around me.

"So this is what makes life divine,"  The lady singing croons, and I look up at Richie's freckled face.

"So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of,"  Richie looks down at me. His eyes meet mine and then flicker down to my lips. I feel myself leaning in.

Richie's front door slams open and we jump apart.

"Well if you weren't such a lazy whore Maggie, then maybe I wouldn't have to spend all of our money gambling!" Mr. Tozier shouts at his wife as they enter. Richie hastily turns the movie off.

"Yeah? Well maybe if I didn't have such a nasty addict as a husband then I wouldn't feel embarrassed to show my face outside, Wentworth!" Mrs. Tozier screeches. Richie grabs my hand and drags me upstairs to his room.

"You don't show your face outside, but you definitely show other things! Why do you have to be such a fucking slut?" 

Richie slams his door shut and turns to face me, looking at the ground. 

Uh oh. 

I know this look. I walk over to him and hug him. I can feel him start to cry silently into my shoulder. 

"Shh, it's okay," I whisper, rubbing his back gently.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" He asks, looking at me with his tear-stained face.

"Of course," I say, and brush a tear off his cheek. "Always."

Word count: 732