ENTRY # 8

So I end up not finishing 'Cat Eyes' before the deadline. But I guess it was alright, there is always a next time. A rush of wind passed through my skin, as I was waiting outside the house with Ben.

"What is taking them so long?" I tapped my foot patiently.

"Maybe having a little banter. You know how they are." Ben leaned on the car, while playing with the car keys.

A few moments later, Mom and Dad finally was able to come out. Usually, the parents are the one who waits for their children but this time it was the other way around.

Our parents are actually having a date night tonight, they are going to the cinema to watch some movie that Mom have been annoying Dad to take her.

While Ben & I decided, that we would just hang out somewhere. We realized that we have never really bonded before.

"What took you two so long?" Ben hopped inside of the car, and I called in shotgun. Mom and Dad requested that they would sit in the back.

For obvious reasons.

"Your Mom had a hard time choosing a good outfit. I told her to wear a dress, but she wouldn't listen." Dad complained.

Mom scowled, "I wouldn't want the world to see my hairy legs, I haven't shave them."

"Which cinema are you going to? I recommend the one near the shopping centre, so Ben and I can pick you up after." Both of them were bickering, not even listening to what I said.

I just playfully rolled my eyes, and my older brother laughed.

"Well, I'm driving so, they are going there no matter what." Ben started the engine, and we headed of to the streets of the night.

"What makes you two decide to go to the lake? I mean it's unusual for Charles to even go out with us." Dad have asked.

"No reason." I shrugged. "Can't I just go out with you guys?"

"He just want to see Alex." I glared at Ben.

But I can't really deny that. It has been weeks since we last talk, and 3 weeks since my birthday. I can't help but think that maybe he have already moved on from all that drama, and I'm still stuck on him.

Still stuck.

"No, I just want to go out." I lied. "And also the lake is a nice place."

Mom combed her hair. "Alex is your boyfriend, right?" I forgot that I haven't really told them about anything. I only ever really told Ben, I don't think I'll be able to tell my parents.

At least not now.

"He's a friend." I turned around and gave out a smile. "But, I guess he's cute."

Dad coughed.

"No worries, Dad. I'm not that desperate." I gave out a loud laugh, and I saw Ben just shook his head.

We arrived at the Theatre, and dropped off Mom and Dad. "You two better have fun, we'll text you when the movie's done." Mom pinched Ben in the cheeks through the car's window.

"Yeah, you two better have fun too. We'll just be at the Lakefront Cafe, you guys want us to get you anything for dinner?" Ben asked.

"No, no. We will just eat after the movie, and then we will text you." Dad waved a goodbye.

"See you later." I waved back.

As the night grows dark, the streetlights in lake was glowing a beautiful contrast to the sky. My heart started to beat a lot more louder and blatant, as I saw the sign of the cafe.