Chapter Eleven

Elizabeth Homitsevich:

It had been only a week that had passed by since Elvis left for his road tour with Sun. I missed him so much, and he hadn't called or written as often as I wanted him to. I was being selfish, I know. Though, what a person had to understand is that I was falling madly and quickly in love with him. Not seeing him as often was only making my heart tremble for him more. I needed Elvis with me, I wanted him. So much. I needed to feel his plush lips on my skin, I wanted to get chills because of his light and gentle touch. All I could think about was the inevitable fear that he was finding someone else. I had another week till I got to go and see one of his shows. Elvis had called once over the week, I wanted to call him every night... But I couldn't ... I couldn't risk seeming clingy.

"El, you've been moping 'round your house ever since Elvis left for his tour, you need to get out" Margret sighed into the phone.

"It's not that easy, and I have not. I have gotten out for school" I rolled my eyes.

The last thing I wanted was to hear a lecture from my friend about my boyfriend.

"El! Listen to me! If Elvis were here he would want you to go out!"

"But what if he is already with some other girl and their ... ugh" I moaned into the phone.

"El, stop. You need to stop thinking. Come on. I am coming to get you. Girls day out. See you soon" Margret hung up.

I moaned again and rolled my eyes. Now I had to go get ready and wear makeup, I hadn't worn makeup for the past couple weeks and made much of an effort in myself. I had no reason to. It had been two weeks now since Elvis left and I was a mess. An hour passed and Margret was at my door pounding away.

"I'm coming! Jeez."

I hustle over to the door and open it up. There stood Margret with Freddie, I guess they were back together. Next to Freddie stood a boy I hadn't seen before, dark brown hair, clean cut, dark blue eyes with dark olive colored skin. I was so in shock of this boy's looks that I stood their like a mute.

"El, this is Freddie's good friend from Florida. Dalton, Elizabeth. Elizabeth, Dalton" Margret smiled.

She knew exactly what she was doing and I wasn't going to go along with it. If she thought for a second I would just forget Elvis for this Dalton kid she was sadly mistaken. No one could fill my heart like Elvis did. I glared at Margret but she didn't seem too phased by it.

"Alright, lets go!" Freddie waves his hand and we all jump into the car. Freddie and Margret in the front and I am stuck in the suffocating back with Dalton.

"So Elizabeth, your in school. What Grade?" Dalton makes an attempt at conversation.

I roll my eyes and exhale.

"Listen pal I have a boyfriend, so don't try anything."

Dalton laughs and then turns back to me to explain.

"I'm not trying anything dear, I think you are absolutely stunning, and it doesn't surprise me that you have a boyfriend. I have already been told however by your lovely friend Margret here that your dating a superstar and I have no chance."

I immediately wanted to grab margret and squeeze her to death in a bear hug, so this wasn't some stupid trick to get me to fall for another guy. It meant the world that she had already told Dalton to give it up. My heart smiled and warmed just thinking of it.

"Oh, well good" I nod my head in acceptance.

We arrive to the diner and head inside. We take a seat in a booth and each order a chocolate milkshake.