Ch.6

I woke up for work and walked into our bedroom. I saw Camila's small body on the bed. My side of the bed was still neatly done. I walked over to her and saw her teared stained checks. I caused that. I caused my own wife to cry.

I quietly walked over to my closet to get my uniform. I heard Camila shuffle in bed. I turned and only caught her laying her head back down on her pillow.

I felt like an elephant stepped on my chest. I feel so guilty about everything that happened last night.

I squatted in front of her to be at her eye sight. I placed a piece of her hair behind her ear. She opened her puffy eyes and looked at me.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to her. I looked at how puffy her eyes were, how stained her checks were, how pink her lips were.

Her eyes began to water, she let out a little sob. I leaned in and put me arm on her waist over the duvet. She sat up a little and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. She began to furiously sob into my neck. I felt my shirt getting damp by her tears but I don't care. I hugged her waist pulling her tight into me.

I put my arms under her legs and lifted her up. I sat against the headboard hugging her. She sat on my lap not letting go of my neck. She calmed down just sniffling every now and then. She lifted her head off my shoulder and looked at me with sad eyes.

"I'm the worst mother ever." She said quietly. I shook my head and pulled her in for a hug putting my check against her head.

"Don't say that." I said back quietly.

"I am. I can't even feed my own child. I paid more attention to a book."

"It's not too late to change that." She sat up again and looked into my eyes.

"Can you stay today?"

"I have to go to work."

"but I don't see you anymore."

"Than you stay today. Stay with your family. We both miss you."

_________

I drove home from work nervous, hopefully Camila does stay today. I walked into my house and saw wife in sweats wearing one of my tee shirts and her hair up in a messy bun.

"Hi." She said quietly and went to peck my lips softly.

"Are you leaving?" I asked nervously.

She smiled and shook her head no.