Ch. 22

I got up from the couch with Ana in my arms, I heard the doorbell rapidly ringing. I groaned and opened the door.

"Hi Mom!" Emily walked in with both arms full of bags. She dropped them all on the floor and sat back on the couch sighing.

"I'm so tired" She said breathing heavily.

"She didn't want to make two trips" I heard Camila's voice from behind me.

"She gets that from me" I said smiling at her. She smiled back and we just smiled at each other.

"Uhh so what chu buy?" I said turning back to Emily. She forced herself to sit up. I sat on other couch across from her with Ana. Camila sat next to Emily as they both looked through the bags.

"I bought you this wonderful shirt... because it seems like you don't own one" Emily said the last part quietly so only her and Camila could here.

"I heard that" I said looking down at Ana.

"Look" I looked up and saw Emily holding up a black tee shirt that said Stay Weird upside down. "Tada"

"Whoa so cool" I said sarcastically. Camila giggled but Emily looked annoyed.

"I got you something too" Camila handed me a heavy bag. I pulled out a black leather jacket with one hand. I smiled at the jacket and at a shy Camila.

"Thanks Camz" I said honestly. Camila took Ana from arms and I stood putting on the jacket.

I posed and smiled at Emily. She threw up two thumbs up.

"How do I look?" I said to Camila. She smiled and bit her lip looking at me up an down.

"Really good" I smiled back at her and took off the new jacket and sat down next to Camila.

"I'm going to take all of this to my room" Emily carried all her bags and left.

"Thanks for the jacket" I said to Camila.

"It's nothing. I know you like them. At least I hope you still do"

"I do" I smiled sweetly to her.

"So about last night.."

"Yeah. Sorry about that"

"Why did you leave?"

"Lauren...we can't do that again. You're with Ally and I really don't want to come in between you two."

"You wont, there really isn't much 'us' anymore"

I staid quiet looking down at Ana. Camila staid quiet as well.

"All done" Emily walked in happily. She took Ana from my arms and sat across from Camila and I.

"Camz we should watch a movie tonight since I couldn't last night" Emily told Camila.

"Yeah because you 'fell asleep'" I said with finger quotes. Camila giggled and smiled at Emily.

"Yeah let's do that" Emily smiled wide and turned to me.

"Mom take us to the store we need junk food" Emily got up and walked to the door. Camila followed behind, they didn't even wait for me to respond.

_________

"Oh Damn I forgot something" Emily said and sprinted to get more chips or something. I stood in line with Camila on my side and Ana in the cart. This seems familiar.....

"Lauren?" I heard my name from behind me. I turned back and saw my old teammate.

"Alexa" I said nervously. "Hi" We were never really friends just teammates. But to her we were bffs.