Chapter 19 - Break Up and Adoption

Kara's Pov:

Mon-el and I are going shopping today. He needs to buy a present for his new foster brother Kameron. He needed my help because I'm the best at finding presents for people. We arrive at hot topic to look at stuff.

Me: Mon-el is that Maggie over there?

Mon-el: Yup that's her. What's wrong?

Me: Well, first of all, she's with a girl and it's not my sister.

Mon-el: Yeah what's the harm in that?

Me: They're holding hands.

Mon-el: Oh and they just kissed.

Me: How am I gonna tell this to Alex. Mon-el, she's never gonna believe me.

Mon-el: Just do this.

He took a picture with my phone.

Me: Why did you do that!?

Mon-el: To give you a proof that Maggie is cheating on Alex. You just need to delete it after.

Mon-el is right. I have no choice to tell my sister. She deserves way better than this. Alex needs to know the truth. I hate liars.

A little bit later...

Me: Hey Alex can we just talk? I feel like it's been a really long time since we last talk.

Alex: That's true. What do you want to talk about?

Me: I went shopping with Mon-el today.

Alex: Wait, Mon-el agreed to go shopping. I'm impressed.

Me: I know right but he needed a present for his new foster brother.

Alex: He has a new foster brother?

Me: Yes but I'm getting away from my point.

Alex: Kara you're scaring me.

Me: Alex, I think Maggie is cheating on you.

Alex: What?

Me: Actually I know she's cheating on you. I'm sorry.

 At first, she didn't believe me and she thought that I was lying to her. Then I showed her the picture Mon-el took. She started crying. It's one of the rare time I've seen her crying.

Me: You're gonna get through this. I know it. You are super strong but I think you need to break up with her.

Alex: Okay I'll do it tomorrow.

I feel so bad for my sister. I couldn't imagine what I would do if Mon-el did that to me. I don't even know for how long Maggie did this. It must be hard for Alex. They have dated for a couple of months.

Mon-el's Pov:

Me: Mom I'm back.

Mom: Hey sweetie.

Me: Um, Why did I have to buy a present for Kameron. His birthday is in two months.

Mom: We're throwing an adoption party for Kameron.

Me: When did this happen?

Mom: Wow Mon-el I thought you would be more supportive of this. I expect better from you.

Me: Maybe because you never said a word about adopting him.

Mom: He's all alone Mon-el. He has no family here. Do you remember how you felt when you first arrive here? I remember it. It was so intense. You cried every night for almost a year. You were hurt. You didn't talk to anybody except for your sister. You both had bruises and scars all over your body. Your birth mom beat you and your sister almost every day back on Daxam. 

Me: That never happens. I don't have any memories of this. My mom never did such a thing. I don't believe you. You're lying! ( I said with tears in my eyes)

Mom: You forgot everything because your sister erased your memories and replaced them with happy moments

Mom: You forgot everything because your sister erased your memories and replaced them with happy moments. You would still be like that if we didn't do anything. I couldn't stand seeing you sad and miserable. Imagine now how hard it is for Kameron. At least you had your sister with you. He doesn't have any family to help him. I know he would like a brother figure in his life and a good one. I know you can be a great brother because you are one to John even if he's not the best brother to you. Can you give him a chance?

Me: That's the thing mom Kameron is not alone. He has a little sister.

Mom: That's impossible Mon-el he's from another planet. If he had a sister we would of have known by now and adopt them together.

Me: I know her...

Mom: If you know her then who is she?

Me: Mom My girlfriend is not human. She has superpowers like me, John and Kameron. Kara is from Krypton and she's Kameron sister. It's obvious they look too much alike to not be siblings and her alien last name is Zor-el. That's why I find this so hard. I hate keeping secrets from my girlfriend. I don't think she knows he's still alive. How am I gonna tell this to Kara?

Mom: I didn't know that. Wow, this is a lot. I'm sorry you had to go through this alone.

Kameron: My sister is alive!?

AN: End of chapter 19. I wanted to combine two storylines for this one. Wait to see what happens next! Ellie xox