Chapter 22- New York Part 2 And The Expo

Mon-el's Pov:

It's Sunday and Kara finally calls back. I pick up immediately.

Me: Kara? Are you in danger?

Kara: I'm not in danger and I'm perfectly fine.

Me: You really scared me. Look, I'm sorry. I've should have told you about your brother sooner. I get it if you're still mad at me.

Kara: I'm not mad anymore and I forgive you.

Me: I love you.

Kara: I love you.

Me: Where are you anyways? I called at your house and nobody answered.

Kara: I'm in New York. I thought I told you that I was leaving for four days?

Me: If you did I don't remember. When are coming back in town?

Kara: Look down.

She was just standing there. I ran as fast as I could to have her in my arms. I even forgot to put a shirt on.

I know she was only gone for a couple of days but it felt like forever

I know she was only gone for a couple of days but it felt like forever. Her hugs are the best ones.

Me: I know It's getting late but do you want to go get dumplings?

Kara: That would be perfect. I think you should go get a shirt though.

Me: That would be a good idea.

Kara's Pov:

The Expo

Tonight I have my photography exposition with Mon-el. I can't wait to see his work. I know that he took pictures of me for one of his projects but he wouldn't show me. I haven't seen a lot of his work and he hasn't looked at mine either. This is going to be a huge event for us both. They are rumours that people would want to buy the photos that we took. My teacher wants me and Mon-el to do a performance during the evening. We decided to sing in your arms by Nico Vinz and one original song. We wrote it together not too long ago. This is gonna be a night to remember.

Lena wanted to come since I'm going to her art expo in a month. I know that my mon is gonna be there but Alex couldn't come. She had too much homework.

 Photography Teacher: Mon-el, Kara I'm excited to see what you've got prepared for us!

Me: We won't disappoint you we promise.

Photography teacher: I don't have a doubt about that. I fully trust you both.

Me: So who's coming in your family?

Mon-el: Well, my mom and my sister are coming that's for sure. John is not he never has and he never will. If you don't mind I think that Kameron would really like to be here.

Me: I'm alright with that. It will give me a chance to get to know my brother better.

Mon-el: You're the best you know that?

Me: Yeahhh. Show me your projects I want to see all of them!

Mon-el:  Okay, I know they're not the best but...

Me: Sweetie these are so beautiful. You're so talented.

Mon-el: You really like them?

Me: I love them. There's a lot of emotions and you know how much I like that in a picture. I'm happy to see you took pictures of your dog.

Mon-el: At least they worked hahaha.

Me: Omg I can't believe you remembered when I said that to you haha.

Mon-el: How could I not It was too cute to forget. Hey Sis!

Lexie: Hi Mike. Can you show me what yours? Oh hey, Kara, you should too. I really want to see them.

Kameron: I do too.

Me: I'm glad to see you've decided to come.

Kameron: I'm happy to hear that.

Mon-el: Darling, I think It's time. We have to go now.

Me: Okay, I'll talk to you later Kameron?

Kameron: Of course!

Mon-el: Are you nervous? Are you ready?

Me: I feel confident with you and I'm always going to be ready with you.

We started to sing. People gathered around while we were performing. We did our original song at the end. I looked into Mon-el's eyes and I felt my heart beating so fast just like the first time we met. He's not at all like most boys I've had met before. Family's were enjoying the music I even saw some parents cry. One of the music teachers said that he both had a lot of talent. Most of my teachers weren't there at the musical battle so they didn't know I could sing. They all didn't expect that at all because I'm pretty shy in a classroom. My mom finally arrived. she was an hour late.

Mom: I'm so sorry Kara.

Me: It's fine mom. Do you want to meet Mon-el's family?

Mom: I've been waiting for this moment for a long time now.

Mon-el: So Eliza meet my mom Julia  and my brother Kameron who is also Kara's biological brother.

Mom: It's really nice to finally meet you both.

Marta: Your daughter is gifted in photography and her voice is amazing.

Mom: Thank you, I've actually never seen your projects Mon-el could you show me?

Mon-el: Yeah sure. This is the one I did with Kara.

Mom: How much do you want for it?

Me: MOM!

Mon-el: Don't worry about it. I don't want any money for It. This was just for my own pleasure to do.

Mom: Are you sure?

Mon-el: Absolutely.

Teacher: Students It's time to start cleaning up. A big thank you to every parent who came tonight. It means a lot to us. Also, I want to say thank you to Mon-el and Kara. They help me prepare this whole event and they did a wonderful performance. I round of applause please. Have a good night everyone.

Mon-el: Let's go get our stuff.

Me: Hey Lena want a ride?

Lena: Yes I would like that.

Me: I had such a great time. Thanks for being there. Both of you.

AN: End of chapter 22. I'm sorry I took so long to write it. I just had a bunch of school work to do recently. I"ll try to write the next chapter in the next week. Ellie xox