Chapter 21- A Trip To New York

Alex's Pov:

Today, Kara and I are going on a trip to New York. It's a plan we've had since the beginning of the school year. We wanted to do some bonding sister time. It's important to us. This is a trip with a group from school. This vacation is also going to be the first time I go somewhere else without my parents. This will help me get over my breakup with Maggie. To get my mind off of her. I think It's gonna be good for me.

Me: Hey Kara, ready to go?

Kara: Yeah I can't wait.

Me: Is everything alright?

Kara: No. Mon-el and I got in a huge fight last weekend at Harry Potter con. It was really bad Alex.

Me: What was it about?

Kara: It's not easy to say but I have an older from Krypton but I don't even who he is. Mon-el knew and he didn't even tell me. Now Kameron got adopted by his family.

Me: Woah you have a brother but how come you don't remember him?

Kara: I don't know, maybe when I had my concussion all my memories of him were erased from my mind.

Me: Yeah maybe but aren't you curious about him. He's your brother after all.

Kara: Of course I am but I think I just need some time.

Me: Do you still want to go to New York? We can stay here if you want?

Kara: We're going. We promise each other to do this trip together and maybe it will help me think more clearly. Besides, It's way too late to back out.

Me: Okay It's your choice.

Kara: One thing. We can't talk about relationships on this trip. That means no talking or texting to your ex and I won't call or text Mon-el. Deal?

Me: Deal.

Kara's Pov:

We are waiting for the bus to arrive. We are missing two days of school for this trip so I'm happy about that. I never get to miss school because I never get sick. It's 7 am, normally I get up at this time. We had to leave early in the morning.

Finally, the bus arrived.

Alex: Did you at least tell Mon-el we were going to New York for the next 4 days.

Me: Oh I forgot but I promised to not text him so if he tries to reach out I'll just ignore him. He's gonna be fine Alex.

Alex: Let's go then!

Lena's Pov:

I know that for the next two days I'm gonna be alone at school. Alex and Kara are on vacation. I couldn't go because my mom wouldn't let me. I don't know who I'm gonna hang out with today.

Mike: Lena do you know where Kara is? I need to talk to her.

I don't trust Mike so I'm just gonna lie to him.

Me: I guess she's sick.

Mike: That's impossible Kara can't get sick.

Me: Um Mike anyone can get sick once in a while.

Mike: Why are you always rude to me Lena.

Me: I don't trust you, Mike.

Mike: You don't even know me.

Me: Fair point.

Mike: I think we should try to get to know each other more today. Kara would like that.

Me: You're right but I'm only doing this for Kara and I'll try to be more open.

Mon-el's Pov:

I hope Kara is okay. I don't like how we left things. I care a lot about her and I only wanted to protect her that's what I'm gonna make Lena try to understand. It's the first day of school that she's missing. I don't want her to be hurt or something. I'll just call her after school to apologize. She deserves an explanation. I just need to work on gaining Lena's trust. I know that's gonna be hard but it will make Kara happy if her best friend and I get along.

The next day...

Kara missed 2 days and she still hasn't called me back. I'm starting to get very worried.  She always at least text me back. I'm afraid I just want to know if she's safe. This girl means a lot to me. To ignore me is one thing but to not show up at school on purpose. It's not like her at all. She would never do such a thing. We haven't talked in a week now. I just miss her.

Kara's Pov:

For the last night in New York, the group have planned a blue man group show and after we will spend the whole night in time square. I decided for the whole trip it would be easier to just shut off my phone so I don't get distracted.

The show was amazing. Now time square! I've already been 2 times so this is going to be my 3rd. It's still as beautiful. Alex and I enter the giant M & M store. Everything is fine until I hear a song. That song is Temporary love by Ben Platt. ( AN: You should really go listen to this new song). I just start crying out of nowhere because it brought me back to a memory of me and Mon-el.

Flashback:

I'm sleeping over at Mon-el house today. (AN: No they're not gonna do what you think they're gonna do. There are not at that point in their relationship at all. I just wanted to clarify). It's my first time sleeping at my boyfriend's house.

Me: Mon-el what are you doing?

Mon-el: Looking for something.

Me: What are you looking for?

Mon-el: This.

He turns off the lights and lit candles.  We starting dancing in our PJs to Ben Platt new song Temporary love. He's such a romantic dork. I loved the lyrics of this song. We danced almost all night long. ( AN: Just like this but in Mon-el's living room and in their PJs)

 ( AN: Just like this but in Mon-el's living room and in their PJs)

End of Flashback.

Alex: Kara why are you crying? I thought you were having fun?

Kara: Alex I miss him. I just miss him so much.

AN: End of chapter 21. Chapter 22 will come soon. Ellie xox.