Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

"What is the point? Why would you possibly go that far? Why? WHY! WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THEM? THEY'RE MONSTERS!"

My eyes snapped open to see a long field. I was currently sitting in the back of a large van taking us to an apartment complex we'd be staying at for the time being, before we actually started Hogwarts. Seeing there were thirteen students and three teachers, we had taken two eight seat-er vans. I was currently squished next to Kiba, who was sitting in between me and Naruto. I was stuck with all guys, I have no idea why, but I do know that I am extremely uncomfortable. The people in the car were Kiba, Naruto, myself, Kakashi, Choji, Shikamaru, Lee, and Guy. Therefore, I was the only girl. Of course, I didn't act much like a girl, but in a van full of guys that are all at least three years older than me, yes, I was quite miserable. I spent my whole time looking a way from them, out the window to my right. I guess I fell asleep at some point.

I felt a hand on my shoulder shake, me awake. I could immediately tell who it was from the roughness of it.

"Oi, sleeping beauty, wake up. We're here," Kiba told me, saying the "sleeping beauty" part very sarcastically. Living up to the Uchiha name, I glared at him. He was about to poke my cheek when I snapped and grabbed his wrist. He flinched and I let go, figuring that I hurt him. He pulled his hand back and slightly glared at me. Kiba climbed out of the van, followed by myself. I saw Naruto's eyes land on Kiba's wrist as I hopped to the ground.

"Kiba, are you alright? Your wrist's all...purple?" Naruto asked. This caused the other boys (none of them could possibly be considered men, no matter their age) to immediately observed his wrist. Kiba simply growled.

"Sleeping beauty over here has a killer grip," he complained. I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips.

"Sleeping beauty? Look whose talking, Dog Breath," I snapped in response. We continued bickering until another black van pulled up a few minutes later. Eight people exited from the van, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino(yes, I purposely put these three together, I want the world to burn), Hinata, Shino, Hikari, and Kurenai.

"Finally," I mumbled under my breath. I strolled over to them and immediately hid behind Hikari. She was currently laughing at me, as I glared at everyone who'd dare look in my direction. What a nice way to come to Britain, I thought sarcastically.

*Time Skip Brought to You by Naruto's Ramen*

"Wow! This place is huge!" exclaimed Naruto as he dashed down the rows of shops. I looked at the familiar view, which I recognized as Diagon Alley. I chuckled under my breath as I saw how shocked everyone else was. To me, the view was just typical. I had visited here several times throughout the year to stock up on potion ingredients and simply to find a place away from Hogwarts where I could be a wizard and still act sort of like a normal girl. While most students are at Hogwarts 24/7 I left on weekends and holidays to go to Konoha, since I still had duties as a ninja. None of the normal students knew, of course. They just assumed I was prone to getting sick and had been in the hospital wing(Madam Pomfrey knew me well from several times I had visited friends there).

"It's pretty cool, I guess. Before you buy anything, we should stop at Gringotts and pick up your money. Each student is giving five hundred galleons, the wizard currency, at the beginning of the year. It's best to..." I continued to explain wizard money to them, along with some tips on how to spend it.

"What are those things? Gallee something or other?" Hikari asked. I let a small smile slip onto my lips at the nostalgic thought of an old memory. However, I completely erased as I put on my emotionless mask once again. I put one hand on my hip, and the other in the air, as if I was a teacher getting ready to lecture her students.

"The gold ones are Galleons. Seventeen silver Sickles to a galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle. It's easy enough," I informed them, quoting my favorite game-keeper. They seemed to understand, though they all were certainly unsure of themselves. I remember I was.

"Don't worry about messing up. Most muggleborns, people who were raised by muggles, which are non-magical folk, don't understand until there a ways through their second or third year. Some take longer!" I informed them. "The only reason I know so much is 'cause I didn't want to seem dumb so I spent most of my time studying the modern wizard world. You guys won't be expected to know everything," I lectured them. Most of them seemed more reassured by that, so I decided I could let them go off on their own. After picking up everyone's money, I made them split into four groups (four people per group) and let them go on their merry way. In my groups was Kari, Shikamaru, and Kiba. Well this would be an exciting shopping trip, now wouldn't it?

A/N: I know no one reads this, but please listen (though I know saying that is probably useless as you probably already skipped this). I'd like to know if I should do any pairings. I'm thinking of doing NaruHina, Hikari and Shikamaru, but I'm not sure if Shiragiku should have any love interest. Also, I'd like to know which house you guys (the reader) think the ninja should be in.