Chapter 3: Flourish and Blotts

I strolled out of Gringotts with the three others trailing behind me. I continued telling them a bit about Hogwarts, until I spotted a familiar bushy head of hair, sitting on the marble steps in front of the bank.

        "Oi! Hermione!" I called to her. She turned around and saw me as a smile spread over her face. She ran up to me as we gave each other a little hug.

        "Shira, how are you?"

        "I'm great, how are you!"

        "Good. It's really good to see you again. How wa-"

        Kari tapped on my shoulder and I turned around, to see her looking very nervous, along with Kiba and Shikamaru, who were both fidgeting behind her.

         "Oh, are these your friends?" asked Hermione. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Hermione Granger. I'm a friend of Shiragiku's from Hogwarts." She was polite, thank goodness, but I was a bit worried. Those three had to be careful, though I was mostly worried about Kiba. Shikamaru was smart enough to be careful what he said, and I had already talked to Hikari last night, so the only one I had to worry about was Kiba...

        "Nice to meet you, Granger," started Kiba. My eyes widened, he didn't know it was rude to call someone by their last name. Shoot. I grabbed his ear and dragged him to the corner, while Hikari started quickly apologizing to Hermione and explaining how he didn't know better and all that fancy crap, while I was giving Kiba a lecture on how what he did was rude. Somehow, we got into another heated argument.

        "I was just warning you, Dog Breath!"

        "You didn't have to drag me, Miss Shy Girl!"

        "Is that really the best you can come up with?"

        Just when it was starting to get ugly, Hikari stepped in between us. She put a hand on both of our shoulders and looked like she was trying not to laugh.

        "Ladies, ladies, your both pretty."

        "Why thank you. Doesn't this shirt bring out my eyes?"

        "Shut up, Shira."

        I heard a grunt from the side and looked to see Harry and the Weasleys standing to the side. I smiled as I saw them.

        "Harry! Ron! How are you?" I asked, running up to them. We spoke briefly, but the group had to go pick up their money at gringotts, so I was left with Shikamaru, Hikari, Hermione, and, worst of all, Kiba. I talked to Hermione for a while, until we were finally caught up on what was happening. I told Hermione about how my "friends" were "Japanese transfer students." She believed me, thank goodness (if Hermione believes me, anyone will). Harry and the Weasleys walked out of Gringotts. We all went our separate ways, deciding we'd meet at Flourish and Blotts, a book store, in an hour. I went with Hermione, Harry, and Ron as we window shopped around the alley. I told Kari, Shikamaru, and Kiba that they could go on there own, but I knew they were stalking us (ninja instinct, probably). Harry bought us all ice-cream and we talked a bit. An hour later, we found ourselves in front of Flourish and Blotts.

        To my surprise, there was an extremely large crowd swarming the front doors, trying to get in. Why, you ask? The answer was hanging from a large banner in the windows. It read "GILDEROY LOCKHART will be signing copies of his autobiography MAGICAL ME today 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m." I growled, knowing plenty well about the famous wizard. I didn't like him, not one bit, but he was the knew person to have everyone swooning over him (kind of like One Direction(no offense intended)). I could see Hermione was clearly excited as she was squealing with delight. The four of us managed to fit our way inside and grab a copy of The Standard Book of Spells Grade 2, the only book on our list that wasn't written by Lockhart. Afterwards, we met up the rest of the Weasleys, who already had a spot in the long line. I let our stalkers stand with us, too (they were quite surprised that I knew they were following us).