A Formal Farewell

~October 29th, 1994~

"Ms. Leta Lovegood", my teacher announces, reading from a piece of paper slipped into his hand. I get up warily and take the paper, giving Olivia a quick frightened glance before exiting the classroom. 'To the Headmaster's Office', my paper read. I try my best not to sprint down the hallway, breathing hard as I race to see my headmaster. I hope this isn't about the time Sheamus tricked me into sneaking out or when I got detention for talking in class. I mean, I would never to such things unless it were for a good cause. I gently knock on the door to the Headmaster's office, only for it to open by itself before I even got the chance. "Come  in, take a seat.", says Headmaster Fontaine. I nervously shuffle into his office and find my place in a chair opposite of him. I try not to look at the ugly snake tattoos shown by his rolled up sleeves or his amber eyes that make all my lady professors swoon.
"Ms. Lovegood" I perk my head up and look him dead in the eyes, only to see his gaze lies on a piece of old parchment in his hand and his always present bottle of whiskey.
"It seems that you are transferring schools.", he scoffs.
"Transferring schools?", I ask, "That's impossible. Where would I go? How could I leave my fellow Serpents? My PIGEONS (Pre-Intelligence-G-E-O-graphical National-State-Test) are coming up, how would I transfer schools before my big final.", I say quickly, worry filling me to the brim. "You'll just take your OWLS at Hogwarts and we'll put you in advanced classes as you already are.", He rolls his eyes, twirling his mustache between his fingers. Silence fills the room like a painful static as my headmaster sista there, still staring hard at the document in his hand.
"Ok, is that all", I question, ready to jump up and leave his office within a moments notice.
"Ms. Lovegood-". He says as I begin to rise from my seat, "I don't say this often, but you are a brilliant student. Ilvermorny is proud. I wish you well in the future. You're going to do great things." I wait before leaving, thinking hard over all of that praise. He's just drunk, I conclude, he only thinks that way because everyone wants me to end up like my parents, high ranking workers in the ministry of magic. What a world.