Chapter One-Virgil-The Confrontation

//i'm uploading this just to see if people like it.  i have the rest finished, please comment or DM me if you want more of this i know its not that good im sorry if ive failed your expectations

I was in my room, headphones in, lying flat on the dark purple blanket covering my bed, letting my thoughts wander, not really knowing where they were going. I was listening to Panic! At The Disco, and the song High Hopes came on.

"Had to have high, high hopes for a living

Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing

Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision

Always had high, high hopes..."

I tried to think of the song, but for some dang reason, my thoughts kept wandering to Roman.

This was my time away from all of the other sides. Sure I like them, but they get tiring. Any social interaction makes me tired. So I try not to think of them, because then it's like they're there with me.

Roman is most widely known as Thomas' creative side.

He's also the one that enjoys poking fun at me.

I decided to open my diary. When something's bothering me, I like to write about it. It helps.

"Dear Diary", I started.

"I can't stop thinking about Roman. I keep thinking that he hates me. I mean, look at the nicknames he gives me. And anytime I'm around him he grumbles things I can't hear, but they probably aren't compliments. And when I'm summoned, when it isn't him who calls for me (He's only done that once, and even then he complained), he says something along the lines of "I don't see why he's needed." And I have to agree with him. I don't see why I'm needed, either. And when he found out that I was moving in, he was not pleased.

"At the beginning, when I had just moved from being a Dark Side to being a Light side, Patton had arranged a welcome party for me. All of the Light sides were there; Logan, Roman, Patton, Remy, and Picani. All of them were welcoming and nice except for Roman. He was obviously trying to act nice, but you could tell that everything he was doing was fake. His smile seemed fake, his laughter seemed fake, everything he did that a normal happy person would do just seemed fake. And it was clear that he didn't like anything about it. Not me, not the party, and definitely not the fact that I was moving in.

"That's what's been bothering me all day.

"Sincerely,

"Me"

I left it there. That's how I end all of my entries. With "Sincerely, Me".

The other sides were yapping away, trying to solve whatever problem Thomas had, but I didn't worry. I had more time to be emo. I wouldn't be summoned for a while.

I was glad. It meant I didn't have to face Princey.

Yet.

Zoop

Or maybe now.

"Guys... I was literally just getting to the good part of the song," I complained. But that really wasn't the reason.

"Well too bad, Panic at the Everywhere, we need you now. Unfortunately," Roman whispered, probably thinking I couldn't hear, but I could hear it very clearly. I just decided to ignore it.

"What is it now, Thomas?" I paused the music and took off my headphones, refusing to look Roman in the eye.

"Well, I've been feeling... sad" Thomas began.

"Oh no. What am I supposed to do about that?" I asked, looking at the other sides in confusion.

"Well, it seemed fitting for you to be here. You are Thomas's anxiety, and anxiety can contribute to the feeling of sadness," Logan said.

"Come on, Logan! We were doing just fine without him!" Roman clasped a hand over his mouth as if regretting what he had said.

"Guys," Patton said firmly.

"Gee, how sweet of you, Princey. You know, I don't think that you guys bickering is just fine. You're forgetting that the walls in between our rooms and here are so thin. Or maybe you're just too dense for that to register to your brain," I sneered. I pretended as if what he said hadn't hurt me, but I was crying inside. There was no doubt in my mind now that he hated me.

"GUYS! Focus on the matter at hand!" Woah! Patton never yelled!

"Sorry..." We apologized, and went on to solve Thomas's problem. I managed to avoid Princey 90% of the time.

They all went back to their room, and I went back to sulking.