Chapter 1

Looking out of the window of my small cottage, I see two figures emerge from the ocean. One I recognize as Arthur but the other one I have no idea. Hurrying out to the dock where Arthur and the man wait, I yell out "Arthur."

"Alex, I wouldn't be hear if I had no other choice. But, I need you to do a favor for me princess," Arthur asked.

"I'm guessing it has something to do with your brooding friend here," I questioned eyeing the blue-eyed stranger.

"Well this is my little brother Orm from Atlantis and it's no longer safe for him. I was wondering if he could stay with you for a while," Arthur asked.

"Age-wise I might be younger than you but when it comes maturity I beat you there," Orm snarled at Arthur.

"Don't mind him he's all talk no bite. Well maybe a little bite, but I'm sure you will be able to handle yourself no matter what my little brother throws at you. So what do you say, princess?"

"Fine," I said giving in to Arthur who came over and wrapped me in a hug. "I knew there was a reason you were my favorite out of the whole team," Arthur said as he let go of me.

"Well follow me, I'll show you your new home," I smiled warmly at Orm. Not saying anything he nodded his head and I started to make my way back up to the cottage but when I turned around it was only Orm following me and Arthur was still on the deck.

"Arthur, are you coming?" I called out to him.

Shaking his head he says, "I have to go back to Atlantis, but I will return in a few days to see how things are working out between the two of you. Be good Orm she is doing this as a favor to me and I rather not have to explain to mom why this didn't work out." The last part was to his brother but then he returned his attention back to me "See you later, princess." And with that Arthur dived back into the sea. Leaving me alone with his brother.

Making that last of the short walk back up to my cottage was in silence. Once we were inside I told him "Please make yourself at home. I'll get us some tea."

Well, this is going to be awkward if he's not going to even speak to me. I came here to get away from everything after we put an end to Steppenwolf. Now it seems like I'm playing hostess to an Atlantean. Who doesn't seem like he even wants to be here. I mused to myself as I got the tea ready. Once it was done I made my way out of the kitchen into the living room where Orm was sitting on the couch looking around.

Handing one of the mugs to Orm he takes it hesitantly and I take the seat across from him. Looking down at my mug I take a sip of the tea, I look up from my cup to see Orm watching me. "It's just tea, try it. I think you'll like it," I told him to encourage him to try the strange drink. But, he just places the cup down on the table not even trying it.

"So, why isn't it safe for you anymore in Atlantis?" I asked him trying to get some words out of him.

"It's no concern to a mere surface dweller like you" he scoffed.

"Well I'm not just a surface dweller and Arthur decided to place you into my home for your safety. And I would like to know why," I hissed at the rude man.

"What do you mean you're not just a surface dweller?" he questioned.

"I'll answer your questions if you answer mine. Do we have a deal?" I asked.

"Fine, but you first," he said.

Instead of answering him with words I concentrated on the cup of tea he left on the table. Making the tea rise out of the cup and form into the shape of a small seahorse. Then put the tea back into the cup. When I met Orm's eye he watched in aw and I couldn't help but smirk.

"What are you? Are you Atlantean?" he questioned.

"I don't think so. I answered your question and now it's time for you to answer mine," I told him.

"I started a war against the surface. And I did things you could say unconventionally that people did not like and when I lost my throne to Arthur. It wasn't safe for me anymore in Atlantis. Hence why I am here," he shared looking down not meeting my eyes.

"You caused the ships and all the trash to wash back up on to the shore?" I asked.

"Yes, these surface dwellers pollute our oceans and fill the oceans with there warships. Now what are you or who are you?" he barked getting angrier.

"I'm the daughter of Poseidon," I told him starring deep into his blue eyes.