Chapter 5

Light breaks through the windows causing my eyes to flutter open. Laying on my side, I tried to move but found a strong grip wrapped around my waist. Suddenly the memories of the night before rushed back.

He was there for me when I needed comfort most. The memories of Hades still haunt me till this day, and it was Orm who was not to long go about to destroy my world.  But, yet he stayed because I asked.

"Good morning, Alexandra," he whispered into my ear. Causing a blush to creep up my cheeks. "Morning," I tried to say but it came out more like a squeak.

I slowly turn in his arms so I could face him, his grip on my waist released me just enough to allow the movement. There was barely an inch between both of our chests. His piercing blue eyes meet mine, and it was like seeing him for the first time. The facade of his anger towards everything was gone, and it was just Orm. Not Orm King of Atlantis, who had people who would follow his every command.

"I never understood how my mother could fall for a surface dweller. But, as I spend time with you I begin to understand. Maybe Arthur coming and taking my crown wasn't as bad as it once seemed," he whispered not breaking eye contact.

"And maybe Arthur dropping off his brother at my door, wasn't as awful as I thought it would be," I told him and a small smile broke out across my features as well as his. 

Removing my hand from where it rested on my hip, I slowly raise my hand to where I was cupping his cheek. My hand was basically shaking, but Orm leaned into my touch and a content sigh left his lips and his eyes fluttered closed.

I don't know who leaned in first, but our foreheads connected both breathing in each other's scents starring into one another's eyes.

Before anything else could happen much to my dismay, we both heard the front door of my house being opened. Both of our eyes shot up in alert and we hurried to get out of bed.

"I'll go first, you stay behind me. If its Alanteans coming for you, I want you to get out of here as fast as you can. Go to Arthurs father's house you will be safe there," you whispered to him as you made your way out of your door.

"If you think I'm leaving you here to fight my battles alone, you are out of your mind," Orm said grabbing my wrist preventing me from going any further.

"I promised Arthur I would protect you and keep you safe. And you seem to forget I can handle myself," I told him trying to get to him to understand.

"Trust me I know, but I won't leave you alone," he said with such promise in his voice I knew I would just waste more time trying to argue with him to listen to me.

"Fine, just stay behind me though," I said giving in and he just nodded and let go of my wrist. Slowly opening the door from my room I come face to face with Dianna standing there with her arms crossed.

"You both would be dead right now if I was really trying to attack either of you," she sighed but smiled as she saw me. I rushed up to her and gave her a hug. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her then quickly added, "Not that I'm not happy to see you. But why are you here?"

"Can't I just drop off and see my favorite cousin?" she smiled and released me from her hold.

I just shook my head and turned my head around to look at Orm, who was watching the both of us with a look of intrigue.

"Orm this is Diana Prince the lady who raised me. Diana this is Orm Marius former King of Atlantis, and our dear friend Arthur's brother, he's been staying with me for the past week," I explained to both of him.

Orm's mouth formed a tight lip smile as he offered his hand to Diana and said, "Pleasure to meet you lady Diana, I have heard wonderful things about you from Alexandra."

"I wish I could say the same," Diana said locking eyes with Orm in almost a standoffish way. 

I would be lying if I didn't want Diana to approve of Orm. After all, she is the only family I have in my life. She may hold Orm past actions against him, but once she gets to know him the way I do she will understand him. Well, hopefully not in the same way I want to know him.