Beautiful

~Flashback~

"And the Junior Miss Starpower 2011 goes to... Maddie! With Beautiful!"

I walked to the front of the stage with a big smile on my face. I collected my award and stood beside Chloe. She smiled but, I knew she was upset.

"Take a bow, girls!" The emcee spoke loudly.

I said good job to Chloe and bowed. Sometimes I feel bad for Chloe. She's often second.

-In the dressing room-

All of the girls and I ran in and hugged our moms.

"Maddie I'm so proud of you!" My mom, Melissa said.

I smiled as I looked at Chloe. She was close to tears, and her mom was talking to her. Abby walked in with a big smile on her face.

"Whoohoo! Good girl!" She said to me.

I looked around the room and everyone looked mad. Their never happy for me.

~Flashback Over~

-Maddie's P.O.V-

I laid in bed, thinking about dance. I looked at the clock.

5:34

I wonder if Kenzie is awake. She told me she misses dance more than anything. But, our mom couldn't pay for it anymore since Greg divorced her. And since my dad died.

A few days after my sixteenth birthday, we had to quit dance.

I heard a small knock on the door. Mackenzie poked her head in.

"Maddie?"

"Yeah Kenz?"

"Mom's not here." She spoke quietly.

"She's probably just at work. Go get ready for school." I said as I got out of bed. She nodded and went back into her room.

I walked to my closet and picked out a PINK sweatshirt and skinny jeans.

As I walked to my bathroom, I got a text.

Mom- forgot to leave a note, I'm at work.

Me- ok I'll tell Kenz

Mom- I love you

Me- love you 2

I put my hair in a French braid headband, and left the rest of my hair down. I put on my makeup, too. I applied foundation, concealer, mascara, and eyeliner.

Mackenzie followed as I walked downstairs.

"Kenzie what do you want to eat?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"Ok... How about pancakes?"

"Ok."

She sat down at the counter and looked down. I could tell something was bothering her.

"Kenzie... What's wrong?" I said.

"I'm worried about mom. She's always sad." She spoke with tears in her eyes.

"Mom will be okay. She's strong." I tried to make her feel better.

She nodded and ate her breakfast.

Then, the bus pulled up and we ran outside.