𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ⇁ night of the comet.

*:・゚*。⋆☁︎*。⋆ *:・゚✧

The next night was the Night of the Comet. In the Mystic Falls Town Square, Caroline just gathered some candles and handed them to Elena, Charlotte, and Matt.

He lit Elena's candle, receiving a thanks from Elena. She then lit Charlotte's, and when she turns she lights someone else's candle. She looked up and saw that it was Stefan. Charlotte's eyes widened, already feeling the tension. She decided not to intervene, but just eavesdrop.

"Thank you. Hi," he said. She greeted him back, looking back at Charlotte with a look that read 'help'. She only snickered before Elena walked further away to look up at the sky, Stefan following behind. "You know, that comet...it's been traveling across space for thousands of years. All alone."

"Yeah, Bonnie says it's a harbinger of evil." Elena responded.

"I think it's just a ball of...snow and ice, trapped on a path that it can't escape. And once every 145 years, it gets to come home," Stefan observed, "I'm sorry about yesterday. I wasn't myself." He apologized, turning towards her.

"You seem to spend a lot of time apologizing." She speculated, reaching into her back pocket awkwardly.

Stefan pressed his lips into soft smile. "Well, I have a lot to apologize for. Yesterday, that wasn't about you, ok?"

Elena turned back to him, "You didn't tell me that you had a brother."

"We're not close," Stefan replied, "It's, uh...it's complicated." Elena felt like he was going to say that.

"Always."

Stefan didn't want to upset even more by withholding more information on his siblings, so he decided to tell her before she found out on her own. "I have a sister too."

Elena eyes widened, a little taken aback from Stefan finally telling her something. "Really? Where is she now?"

"That's... complicated as well."

Elena's hope disappeared. "Mhm. Anyways, he told me about your ex. Katherine?"

Stefan was now intrigued, hoping his brother didn't say anything bad. "What did he say?"

"That she broke your heart."

"That was a long time ago." He replied after pausing.

"When you lose someone, it stays with you, always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt." Elena murmured. He could tell that she was obviously hurt by this information. "Elena," he began as he stepped in front of her, but was interrupted.

"It's okay, Stefan. I get it." She assured him. "You have no idea how much I get it. Complicated brother and sister? Check. Complicated ex? Check. Too complicated to even contemplate dating, double check. It's okay. We met, and we talked, and it was epic, but...then the sun came up and reality set in. So," She gave him one last look before blowing out her candle and stepping towards Charlotte. She grabbed her wrist, trying to walk towards the Grill.

Charlotte flinched, jerking off her sister's hand. Elena looked concerned, "Come on." Charlotte hesitated to nod and walked with her sister into the Mystic Grill. She snapped her head around, mouthing a sorry to Stefan.

In the Grill, Charlotte found Tyler and decided to sit beside him. Elena sat beside them along with everybody else; Bonnie, Matt, and Caroline. Tyler and Charlotte were laughing over some inside jokes while Elena sat there idly, feeling how Charlotte would normally feel if she was talking to someone else.

Just then, Jeremy barges in with a worried look. "Hey, has anyone seen Vicki?" He said as he neared their table.

"You're her stalker. You tell us." Tyler remarked. Jeremy ignored his arrogance. "I can't find her."