Part 2

Nanda laughed making the others wonder what was so funny.....He came closer to Sakshi and patted her shoulders before voicing, "yes we both would make a great team....totally looking forward to it!"

Sakshi looked at Nanda once who was smiling as always and then looked at the rest of the team helplessly......

Nanda Kishore added before he took his seat opposite to Arjun, "Not just a recruit......I am the second in command to Arjun here"

************************************************

As he sat down, Kishore felt a sharp glance on him and turned to her.....Before she could look away, he voiced, "Relax Aisha. I am not taking his seat permanently. Its just a temporary filling up...waise bhi ek chair hi toh hai! Don't get so sentimental about it!"

"Oh, damm...he noticed" She cursed herself for being so obvious.....". Or was he capable of reading minds...

All heads except Arjun turned to Kishore and their eyes were asking the same thing. He replied realizing their questions, "Sameer Rathod will be back in ETF..."

That was definitely a head turner again and it attracted Arjun's attention as well.....Arjun glanced at him with an inquiring mind trying to understand what Kishore knew about Rathod and his sudden disappearance...how was he sure that Rathod will be back?

Kishore coughed and let a light chuckle realizing that he had lighted a fire cracker or perhaps an atom bomb by saying that.....Arjun glared at him for that and before he could say something, Kishore explained, "I mean, they say na everything in this world happens for a reason. So Sameer ka aise jhoom mantar hone ki peeche bhi ek solid reason hai.....[when all looked at him for knowing the reason their chief left them, he corrected himself quickly] I mean reason hoga....usske baadh woh zaroor waapas aa jaayega....."

Arjun wasn't so convinced that Kishore had said it all just casually...He was damn sure that this guy knew many things which he was tactfully hiding within his word play!

Sakshi was in a lost state.......Too lost for asking any questions....She didn't know why this new officer was giving her shivers. A weird fear gripped her or was it guilt?....As if something which lay hidden inside her was coming out in the open all of a sudden......His eyes kind of hypnotized her to speak out things which she was hiding in the deep corner of her mind.....she leashed all her fears and thoughts firmly as she sat dumb all through the discussion!

She appeared totally lost......When Aisha asked her for a file, Shree had to shake her up from her thoughts....Arjun was observing her occasionally and so did Kishore. ...Arjun could understand that she wasn't the usual Sakshi who always pitched in with silly questions between serious topics! Today she was silent completely!

The team took a short break when Kishore landed up at Sakshi's desk with 2 coffees...."Have this coffee and forget everything else!"

Sakshi looked up stunned by his sudden arrival.....He winked as he sat on her desk sipping his coffee....and then gestured to take her cup! Somehow, she felt a little relaxed when he said that as if his words had taken a burden off her! His presence near her was calming her senses unknowingly!

She took the cup smiling and rested back on her chair.....She voiced, "You are an interesting character Mr Nanda..."

He shrugged carelessly and replied, "yeh Mister wister chodo....call me Nanda, or Kishore or NK....whichever you like..."

That reminded her that he addresses Arjun as Arjun......She enquired curiously, "tumhe Arjun ko Arjun bhulaate hua darr nahi lagtha, huh?"

He looked at her enquiringly, "matlab?? Arjun ko Arjun hi bhulaathe hai right?"

Sakshi smacked her head, "God....I meant you are his junior...so yahaan sab usse sir bulaathe hai!"

He smiled and casually took a sip, "ohhh like that.....kisi ko sir bulaane ki aadhat nahi hai na? isiliye..."

She was confused at that revelation but he quickly snapped his fingers before her face to snap her out and added, "waise I noticed ke tum bhi usse Arjun bulaathi ho right? Aren't you scared of him?"

Sakshi grinned and also a gulped the hot coffee down quickly stunning Kishore....She voiced, "uss akdu ke ghurrthe hua aankhen dekh kar koyi darre bina reh saktha hai kya? Main bhi kabhi kabhi darr jaathi hoom aur ek sir add on kar lethi hoom....."

Kishore laughed out commenting "AKDU?? You are damn funny Sakshi!" and that cracked up Sakshi too....she laid to rest her worries and laughed heartily......As his laugh faded, he enquired in a serious tone, "yeh hasi mazaag ke peeche kaunsa raaz chupa rahi ho Sakshi?"

Her laugh ceased all of a sudden hearing that and when she looked at him, he smiled and instantly voiced flirtingly, "matlab iss khubsoorat chehre ka raaz kya hai? kaunsa soap aur powder hai? zara humein bhi bathao.....[seeing her questioning expressions, he adds] woh kya hai na mere GFs ko bathaa doonga...unne kaam aayega!"

At that instant, he took his mobile out as if a message arrived and moved away from her smacking himself continuously muttering, "sorry sorry....nahi nahi...aisa nahi hai jaan....."

Sakshi wasn't able to comprehend what the hell was that......but again, his previous words about the secret she hides behind her fun filled nature was disturbing her....his words were taunting her!

A strange fear gripped her again.....Her eyes were fixed on him as her thoughts circled around his double edged words......Who was he? What was he hinting about? Every word from him seemed to have a double meaning, a hidden meaning to it.....

Unaware to her, there was another pair of eyes watching them for some time now.....he glared at the funny chat and he had also understood that it was about him and his anger.....

Despite her fear and other thoughts, she felt his eyes on her suddenly and looked towards him......he instantly voiced, anger lining up his words, "agar tumaari idhar udhar ki baatein khatam hogayi hai toh case ke discussion shuru karein? [giving her and Kishore a sharp glaring look, he adds] All of you right now in the conference room!"

Saying that he stormed into the room.....Kishore turned his focus to Arjun's retreating back.....he shook his head amused by Arjun's anger and his ways of handling his team......He looked back at a bewildered Sakshi.....Winking at her naughtily, he too followed Arjun into the room.....Sakshi sat back breathing deeply wondering what was really happening at ETF!

In a matter of minutes, both these guys had managed to puzzle and scare her endlessly!

She took her book and walked thinking about how Kishore and his talks were a total mystery! She couldn't help think that guys at ETF were all skilled in remaining mystery men! None knew anything much about them!

She indeed needed to find more about Kishore now! She told to herself, "kis mitti se banaa hai yeh Kishore?"

While Kishore smiled and thought to himself, "woh patha lagaana tumaare liye na mumkin hai Sakshi lekin tum kis mitti se bane ho, woh main jaan chukha hoom...."

He sank back into the chair with a grin on his face voicing to himself,

"The game begins Team ETF!"

[To be continued] 

Where Ever You Go I Am Thereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें