Chapter 5: Guess (edited)

Sakura's statement surprised Syaoran and Cerberus of course, because Sakura not suppose to remember anything after her reincarnation. Other people's memory should have been erased permanently but Sakura was different. Then that explains everything. Her mature, patience, and overly calm attitude for the size of a fourth-grade elementary student.

"I have a lot of questions right now."

Syaoran said, staring at the girl in front of him. Sakura casually put the cabbage into her mouth then swallowed it.

"I don't mind being asked."

"Well, how old are you when you died and why?"

Sakura thought it wasn't one question but two at one time, but she don't mind and answer it.

"I died because of leukemia when I was sixteen."

Leukemia? She is sick?. Then maybe she spends her time in hospital? But that means... She's older than Syaoran?

"Then your age..."

Sakura cut Cerberus's words before he finished his words.

"I'm twenty-five years old, mentally."

Both of them were shocked to hear the fact.

"So the reason why you don't pay attention to the teacher is-"

Sakura cut Syaoran's words again.

"That's because I already knew what was taught at school. But I don't want too much atention so I intentionally made few mistakes during exam, but in the end I stayed in first place every year. Honestly, it bothered me."

She sigh, remember the 'special attention' given by everyone to her at school.

"I don't believe it..."

"Well, my brother Touya also shocked when I told him."

"What? Your brother knows but you just told me now?!!"

"Because every time I want to tell you, you slept or played games and don't listen to me."

Sakura's words made Syaoran look at Cerberus who laugh forcefully at them with a flat face. Somehow he's not surprised by that. If you think about it, maybe the cards ran away because his carelessness or even fell asleep. If that's true he will pull that doll's cheeks later. How could he make Sakura and him the one who need to take care of his problem?!! He don't even pay them!

"You died of illness, did you spend your time in the hospital?"

Say Cerberus divert the topic they were talking about earlier.

"No, when the doctor said I can't survive I spent my time with my parents and friends. I even returned to school. After that, I died and suddenly I was in my mother's arms, Nadeshiko who already passed away."

She explained when staring at a photo of her mother on a display.

"My time with her was short. But she's a good mother."

Sakura took the rolled cabbage and a piece of karage on a small plate which she placed in front of her mother's photo. After that Sakura return to the dining table and spend her dinner with Syaoran and Cerberus who looked at her with a strange look because Sakura told them as if it was a trivial matter. After the three had finish eating and talk Syaoran carrying his bag with Sakura who walk him to the front door.

"Thank you for the dinner."

"You're welcome, you can come again anytime."

Sakura smiled at him and Syaoran's face flushed instantly.