Chapter 20: Someday (Edited)

In the Li family library, Syaoran read various books and scroll inside. He couldn't take the books or the scroll out from the library so he read there for hours with his mother giving directions when he needed them. Syaoran was tired but he didn't stop until finally, his mother told him to rest at nine o'clock. He obeyed his mother and went straight to his room because he was tired. But he had promised to contact Sakura via video call so he would video call with sakura briefly before going to sleep.

"Syaoran !!"

Reorganizing the voice as someone he know, Syaoran looked sideways at Meiling, who seemed to just finish eating her dinner from the dining room. Syaoran sighed, he did want to talk to Meiling but not now. With a tired-looking face, he said.

"Meiling, can we talk tomorrow? I'm tired."

Seeing Syaoran seem really need to rest so Meiling nodded in agreement and let Syaoran go to his room. Wei came out from the kitchen and seem to bring food, a glass of water, and milk mixed with honey for Syaoran. Sakura told his young master's new preference for drinking milk with honey before going to bed a while ago so today he made it for his young master, didn't know if Meiling still didn't go to her bedroom.

"Wei, is that for Syaoran?"

Wei glanced at Meiling's direction. He knew what was in the girl's mind. She must have intended to bring Syaoran's food to his room. He didn't mind being helped by Meiling but... He was afraid Syaoran was talking to Sakura right now... If Meiling saw them she would get hurt and Wei didn't want that to happen.

"Yes miss, you better wait in the room I have prepared for you. I'm afraid young master doesn't want to be disturbed at this time."

"I know but I'm worried about him... Syaoran doesn't usually behave like that..."

"Take it easy, Miss Meiling, young master Syaoran will be fine. He only had a lot of problems lately and his training with his new teacher in Japan was also not easy. You must understand. Young master Syaoran will talk to you tomorrow as he promised before."

"Alright then... I will go to my room Wei."

"Then, excuse me, young miss."

Wei went to Syaoran's room and went inside after Syaoran's voice was heard allowing him to enter. But unlike what she said Meiling didn't go to her room and instead listened to Syaoran and Wei's conversation inside, want to know what actually bothering him but instead she heard another voice from Syaoran's room, a girl's voice.

***

Meanwhile, at the same time, Sakura was in her room in her family's villa and made a video call with Syaoran when Wei was seen entering Syaoran's room.

"Hello, Wei san."

Greet her with a smile on her face made Wei seem to smile too at her.

"Good night Miss Sakura, how was your vacation there?"

He ask, Wei was grateful he had not allowed Meiling to deliver Syaoran's dinner. If he does, Meiling will be more hurt right now.

"It's fun, I played with my grandfather all day. We played tennis together today."

She said cheerfully as usual, while Syaoran was rather curious about the grandfather that Sakura meant. He never knew other family members Sakura have besides his father, brother, Tomoyo, and Sonomi san. What Sakura's grandfather like?

"Your grandfather?"

"He was actually my mother's grandfather. He may be around eighty years old right now. But he's very healthy. So he was actually my great grandfather!"