Chapter 7:

Makko steps out and extends his hand to me. i take it and smile.

"shall we?" i say and we head up to the rooftop.

we sit and look at the twinkling lights of the city in the night time.

"does 12 always get the penthouse?" he asks.

"yeah. but we kind of own the floor now....i mean my parents were here alot when they were teenagers, but they keep making them and even me and my brother come back here and do stupid interviews. so they just gave it to us. i mean they weren't planning on having to use it for another games so it worked out. but i think they just used it as a way to get us back here all the time for stupid reasons." i explain.

"well it sounds enjoyable. i mean you always look so pretty on tv." he says kindly.

i smile. " thanks, but i mean how did they think picking me was a good idea?" i whine. "i mean people are going to hate them for it. they'll probably start another uprising!" i add.

"yeah. but you can do it. they all know you could win. i know you can." he says taking my hand.

i rest my head on his shoulder and let the tears flow out of my eyes.

"no i cant....other than usuing a bow im useless. i cant hunt like my mother, im not strong like my father. what if they dont have a bow? then im screwed and as good as dead." i say sobbing.

"dont worry. as long as i can get some knives you'll be safe. trust me." he says.

i smile and he wraps his arms around me.

"whats it like in District 2?" i ask quietly.

"its nice. Hawthorne used to live there. i hated him, hes an annoying jerk." i smile at that. "nothing special there though. we do brick laying and masonry." he says, "its so much fun! he says now sarcastic.

"but theres no piles of ash lying around like in 12?" i say.

"no...." he admits.

"the Victor's Village and our house were the only things left standing. not even the justice building was still up.  they still have to clean the streets on the weekends all these years later.... those are the days my parents stay home. my mom misses her sister too much. she was burned alive, the ash saddens her. dad still has his episodes where he lashes out and he cand stand to look at it. its hard sometimes....." he pulls me closer and i just cry.

"i wonder what the arena will be like?" he asks,

"i was thinking about that earlier. i mean i can swim and climb." i say.

"lucky, i cant swim, im too heavy to climb." he says sheepishly.

i just sit in his embrace for a while until it gets really late

"i'll see you tomorrow! good luck in your private session!" he says hugging me and going into the elevator.

he waves as it descends down to his floor. "someones got a boyfriend!" Axl says teasing.

"shut up!" i sneer and head towards my room.

i go in and flop on my bed. i dont bother to change my clothes or shower before i  crawl under the covers and go to sleep.

these games are going to be interesting.