Chapter 4:

"ow!" i shriek as Octavia pulls the wax off my leg.

"oh! shes just like her mother!" she squeals.

"and has her father's eyes!" My stylist, Portia says. "i was Peeta's stylist." she says when she sees my confused look.

"im so sorry your here, sweetie!" Flavius says.

"no its my stupid parents fault!" i sneer.

"but if they hadn't had done all that, they would be dead. and you never would have existed. and your parents never even would have met." Flavius corrects me.

"yeah and your last name would have been Hawthorne." Venia adds.

"yeah then Hunter would be your brother!" Octavia says. i shudder and pretend to gag at that thought.

they let me up and get me into my outfit for the opening ceremonies.

im in a really short formfitting dress. its red and silky, with black lace overtop.

i have red strappy high heeled stiletos and a necklace with a duplicate of my mother's mockingjay pin on the chain.

"why my mother's pin?" i ask.

"oh! it was the symbol of the rebellion! that was what started it all. the mockingjay led the rebellion and your mother became the mockingjay." Portia says fixing my hair.

"yeah...and killed tons of people." i growl under my breath.

"your parents are under alot of stress right now, dont blame them." she pleads.

"they're not going into the games, now are they?" i hiss. "i am!"

****

when i get to our chariot, Hunter is already there talking to Haymitch. and as always my parents are behind the chariot making out.

"ahem!" i say loudly. they break away and look down as if nothing just happened. i roll my eyes in time for dad to pull me into a long uncomfortable hug.

"mom? dad? i decided something." i tell them straight up.

"what sweetie?" dad asks.

"im going tyo be the rebellious bittchy girl." i say flatly. "you know. like mom." i say smirking at her. you can almost see the smoke coming from her ears at my comment and dad stares me down.

"Sophia Primrose Mellark!" mom shouts through her teeth.

SHIT! mom never uses my middle name. she hates to say it. so basically that means im good as dead now.

i roll my eyes at her and climb onto the chariot, ultimatley out of her reach.

dad tries to calm her down and in the end just just resort back to kissing again and i groan in disgust.

"do they always do that?" Hunter asks from behind me.

"pretty much... one of them gets mad, they kiss. one of them gets hurt, they kiss. they get sad, they kiss. they do anything they kiss!" i groan.

i notice alot of eyes on me but i assume its because of my last name. when your a Mellark, you get used to people staring. andlets just say its far from my first time being on television.

i do have that advantage in the interviews. ive done interviews with Cesar Flickerman lots of times. and apparently i have my father's way with words. so im already a crowd favorite and i havent left in the parade yet!

this should be easy enough.

SORRY FOR ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!!!! IM KINDA RUSHING THROUHG SO I CAN BE ALOT MORE DETAILED IN THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!