Unexpected

Shawn was heading toward the Capital Kingdom, Remos. It was a rather weird trip to the kingdom since before he starts to head toward Remos he was given a rather odd request by the man.

"I want you to decide what reward should us give to your master" Told the man. Shawn gave a confused look to the man while Donavan was shocked about what he just heard. "B-But Sir" Donavan panicked as he thinks he will not be rewarded at all. He even grab the man's shoulder. Shawn never seen Donavan like this as he always sees him as a tough and an assertive man.

"I never said that. I only said I'll reward any master that had his slave chosen but I never said about what the reward will be. Also The King itself stated that The Slave will choose the reward that the master will get." Said the man. "Shawn... j-just remember that I treat you better than any master in this kingdom ok..." Donavan was desperate as he knew he'll be dead if he didn't get his reward.

"I want.... my master to have a barrel full of gold" Shawn sees his master with pity. He didn't know what his master gotten into but it seems that it is pretty dangerous. "Very well then.... the reward will be delivered to  you tomorrow." the man gives a sign to one of the soldiers and the soldier instantly mount on a horse and leaves the kingdom.

After that Shawn was led by the man to a royal cart. his master was yelling at the man when we were led to the cart. Donavan scream as if there is something wrong but Shawn never knew what his master was screaming about. "Sir, is there something in your mind?" ask the man. Shawn who is looking out, looked back at the man "No... i was merely looking at the view. Also can you stop calling me Sir? I am only a mere sla-."

"Oh, about that Sir. You're no longer a slave but my master." said the man suddenly. The man made Shawn speechless. he was not expecting this and yet he felt all of the things before was finally making some sense. "W-well then..... What is your name?" ask Shawn after a while. "My name is Rumain Rihro but you can call me anything you pleased." Said Rumain while bowing to Shawn. 

"So... Rumain, can you call me by my name? it is still weird for me because for about 2 hours ago i was still a mere slave." Shawn is still shocked about this and he wasn't sure what will he do. "Of course Sir, it is my duty to follow my masters order." Rumain give Shawn the creepy smile that he gave before that makes Shawn get goosebumps. 

"So.. am i one of his soldier now?" Shawn is still curious about this since he was not sure of his status. Shawn was never fond of the hierarchy that take place outside his masters house and so he never learn about the rank and status in the kingdom. "To be told Sir, i was not told about your rank and status in the kingdom. i was not told by the king." said Rumain with a calm tone. 

"Well if my status is unknown... How come the King told you to be my servant?" Shawn was pretty sure that even he knows that he doesn't deserve a Servant. "i am not a servant. you can say that i'm your personal bodyguard." Rumain crosses his arm. he is thinking about something that is worrying that even Shawn can notice it. 

"is there something wrong Rumain?" ask Shawn bluntly. Rumain stays silent as if he is trying to hide something. Luckily for Rumain, Shawn is to pure to understand that he is trying to hide something.

At last they arrived at the gate of the kingdom. The coachman gives a piece of paper to the Guardsman. The Guardsman then gives a sign towards his comrades that opens the gate. Shawn is masmerize by the look of the kingdom.

The kingdom is full of lively people. People are smiling all the time as if they never had any trouble with their life. Shawn looked at Rumain and saw  eyes that has looked at the cruel things that someone or something has done.

Finally after a while, Shawn have arrived at the Castle of Remos. He was astonished by the size of the castle. Rumain even have to slap Shawn to get him back to reality. Shawn was led by Rumain to the Castle's throne room. Along the way he saw people whispering towards another and keeps their distance from me and Rumain.

Rumain suddenly stop in front of a door, Shawn, almost hit Rumain but luckily he stopped in time. Rumain then opens the door revealing the luxurious throne room. "Finally the last Chosen people arrived." Said The King,Reagan. "It seems that all of the chosen people were chosen at the same day." Rumain bowed after saying that.

Shawn followed what Rumain does as he never knew what to do since he wasn't thought by his master at all about talking towards the King nor any royalty. Shawn then looked at the other chosen people. The first person was a man. He is no taller than Shawn but he saw a powerful aura from him. He wields a spear and from the look of it he has mastered it. His eyes is looking at Shawn and for a second Shawn saw fear from his eyes.

The second one is a woman. It appears that she is a mage because of the staff she is wielding. Shawn rarely saw mages pass by his masters house but never had the chance to talk to one or even know anything about them. Her height was shorter than Shawn but her gaze when she saw Shawn made her look taller than him.

The third one is a knight. Shawn doesn't know the gender of the knight because of the armor the knight was wearing. But one thing for sure, the knight is taller than Shawn. The fourth one is a woman with black overall. Shawn can clearly see the daggers that she tried to hide on her back. She looked at Shawn with caution as if there's something that is dangerous about Shawn.

Without noticing that Rumain have already walked towards the other chosen people Shawn still stood there. After a few minutes Shawn finally notice and he walk towards Rumain. Shawn is confused by them because of how they treated him. It is like he can kill them any second.

"Rumain! I see you brought someone who we needed. Someone with the power of the cursed sword and chosen by the wand! Remarkable! Now you may leave Rumain your task as this man bodyguard is no longer needed." Said Reagen. Shawn was confused, he didn't understand anything but he never remember holding the cursed sword like what he is doing right now.

Shawn was shocked but he can hide his shock very well. "Now then... since you're all chosen by the wand, each one of you must've impressive skills. the other chosen people will arrive in a month from now so how about giving us a little show. Us? Ask Shawn in his mind, he never noticed the Guardsman and some people who were watching from the second floor. "If that is what your majesty order we will do so." Said the Knight. It appears that the knight is a man from the sound that Shawn heard.

"Well than it is settled. Each of you will fight one of our most elite guardsman to proof your skills as the chosen people." Reagen said it with an aura of a true king emitting from him. Everyone was excited except Shawn. He wasn't sure of how he can defeat them but a feeling tells him that he can beat them.

○●○●○

A few hours have passed as the chosen people were allowed to prepare their self for the match. Shawn is nervous. Even a cat can tell that Shawn is nervous. "Hey, why are you so tense?" Shawn jumped as he was startled. It was the spear wielder that startled Shawn . He was smiling at Shawn after he sees his reaction. Shawn sigh "I never had a match before...". "You never had a match before?" Ask the mage.

"To be honest.... I've never use a sword for almost 10 years." Shawn said it with a weak voice. "How old are you?" Now ask the Woman with the black overall. "I'm.... 18" said Shawn. "So you're saying you're weak? Great. A weakling." The knight said. "You can say that." Shawn looked away towards the arena that they will battle. They are in the armory where they can prepare for the match. Shawn has already picked some light armor and a round shield. "My name is Falk And this Knight here is named Amos." Said the Spear wielder.

"Are we introducing ourselves now? Well then My name is Idina and this girl is Fara." Said the mage while bowing. "My na-" Shawn was interupted by a guardsman that opens the door. "The King has ordered me to bring the chosen people to the arena for the team match." Said the Guardsman. "Team match? Aren't we suppose to have our own match?." Ask Falk.

"The King has changed his mind. Now come to the Arena, the king is not a patient man." The Guardsman then turn around and starts walking towards the Arena. We followed the Guardsman and when we arrived at the gate he stopped. Amos opens the gate and when the gate slowly opens there Shawn saw five person with one common thing, the dark shield crest on their armor.