Chapter 16

-Chapter 16-

Recap: I leaned my head in and he got the message as he copied my actions. We leaned in slowly until our lips touched sending a warm parade of fireworks on my lips. It was just a soft kiss but our lips fitted eachothers perfectly and I melted into his arms. He was the one to end it and looked at me with such love and care in his eyes, it almost broke my heart.

"I love you Kylee" It was the three words every girl wants to hear and it sent my heart soaring. My head felt dizzy but in a good way and I pulled him close, into another hug.

"I love you too Brian."

Brians POV

We all rushed out of the house. Some people grabbed their keys and ran towards eachothers cars and vehicles. Was I rushing into a car? No way. As i was running out the door, I jumped right before the stairs and in mid-air, I shifted. When I landed I flexed my muscles and coiled my hind legs. I felt the power rushing through my body along with adreneline. I ran across the lawn. I could hear a few other people from the pack shifting and running behind me. But I didnt care. I just ran and pushed myself harder then I ever have before. I dodged around trees and biuldings, reaching the coast in record time. I skidded to a hault and searched around. There was no point in just rushing into the water. There was quite a few secluded islands out there and she could be in any one. And the panther side of my mind was 100% sure it didnt like to swim in the ocean. Still standing, I closed my eyes and shut down all of my other senses.

I have been experimenting with all the soul mate stuff. I knew for sure the dream walking thing works but there was so many things I still wanted to try. Like tracking her. I can feel her from here. Its not very strong but its alot stronger then it was when I was at home. I pushed the "tracker" further. She was obviously on an island but it didnt look small. There was..... trees and mountains around her... I looked to the horizon and sighed. Other cars were pulling up now and my father got out of his black SUV and walked to me with a paif of sweat pants in hand. I grabbed them in my jaws, nodded my head once and trotted away. Behind a nearby tree I made sure no one was close before I shifted and slipped the cotton sweats on. I walked back and as I neared, my dad looked up at my with stern eyes. The eyes of the alpha. We stayed in silence as everyone else was scoping out the bay. I felt a hand on my shoulder and my dad spoke to me, "Dont worry Brian we will find her soon."

I glanced at him and back at the ocean, scanning the waters.

"I sure hope so."

// A.N. I just wanted to put that chapter as a small filler for you guys to know what he was thinking before he found Kylee. But now its going to start in the presence again after he has already found her :) Sorry for any confusion\\

Kylees POV

I removed myself from Brian's embrace and stared into his eyes.

"Sorry to break the moment but we should probably get out of here first." He smiled sadly. I just nodded and he grabbed my hand and lead me down the hall. Even as we were walking in silence, I didnt really pay attention to how many vampire bodies layed on the ground dead. There was a few black panthers that were injured but somehow I knew they would be Ok. We walked out side through the front door. Brian pulled me towards a black SUV and was about to open the door when he was knocked from the side. Thankfully he let my hand go in that split second or else I wouldve flown through the air with him. And unfortunately unlike everyone else around here, im not immortal..

"Brian!" I tried running towards his crumpled body that was currently slowly pushing himself up from the ground. But as soon as I took my first step, Stacey came and blocked my way. I looked into her eyes and she grinned so evilly it put the devil to shame. She raised a hand and snapped her fingers and two pairs of arms shot out from behind me and grabbed each arm, holding them tightly.