Prologue

I walk down the street while the rain is falling heavily on my head and shoulders, soaking me and my clothes. I stop for a moment to take off my heels growing tired of the clicking noise is the background.

I am returning from my friend's wedding , I forgot my umbrella but I don't mind the rain. I look down at my clothes to see the shiny bralette under my white jacket and underneath show my nipples really picking outside because of the rain. The white pants I am wearing are also sticking to my body and showing my lace white panties underneath. Everything is clearly visible.

Luckily there's no one around and I am close to my house anyway. I moved to the city after my parents' death four years ago. I live on my own in a nice apartment since my job as a journalist pays me pretty well. I am financially stable, I am able to buy myself a few expensive things every now and then, even if I am not the type to spend money.

You might think who's that weird human being walking under heavy rain, why didn't you take a taxi home? Well I actually did take one I just gave an address 4 blocks away so I can clear my head a little.

I am 29 years old now, and I am single. My longest realtionship was 8 monthes and that was back in college. Since then a few dates here and there but not a realtionship. I am so tired seeing everyone finding someone as much as I am happy for them I hope one day that will be me.

I think while I am walking up the stairs to my apartment, I open the door and immediately take my jacket off and put it in the laundry. I throw my heels in the shoes corner which is a mess. The apartment is not enormous but big enough for one person living in it. As soon as you open the door you see the sitting room, it's main colors are beige and brown and just looks comfy. Next to it is the open kitchen, all in white and black shelves and the island looks over the sitting room. And there's a big balcony after, that's honestly the reason I bought this apartment, it's big and I can walk in it back and forth without feeling it's small. Between the sitting room and the kitchen there's a small hall where at the ends it leads to my bedroom and next to it there's the bathroom. My bedroom is just a mess there's a big black rug covering most of the floor where there's also a mountain of my clothes in a corner and there's a queen size four poster bed. The sheets are dark purple and the bankets are white. I quickly take off my clothes and throw them on top of the clothes mountain that's gonna go to the laundry hopefully in a couple of days. I go to the bathroom, it's all white except for the shower curtains they're royal blue and the rug in front of the shower with a matching color. I turn on the water checking with my hand if it's too hot before stepping in.

The water runs all over my body smoothing my skin and relaxing my muscles. I close my eyes enjoying the water humming faintly a song I can barely remember anymore. I quietly finish my shower and go to my room rapped in a towel, I stand in front of my mirror tie my not so long hair in a quick updo that all my hair is gonna fall out of later. I put on some panties and some shorts with an oversized band shirt I got when I was still in high school.

I walk barefoot through my apartment, going to the kitchen, opening the fridge, and then closing it. I turn to the kitchen island there's a bowl of fruit. I grab an apple and walk towards the balcony. I open the slides and step outside, it stopped raining probably when I was in the shower. There's a comfortable rocking chair I left outside with a small side table, I go over and sit down enjoying the cold breeze of the late night I am having.

I keep meditating into the stars seeing how they shine now that the clouds have moved away, something suddenly catches my attention. There's a falling star into the distance it seems to be shinning more than most of the stars but it looks even farther than them. That's weird the shinier stars are the closet ones. I shrug it off and decide instead to try my luck. Will it work? I quietly ask my mind. "Well it's at least worth a shot", I say to myself loudly and close my eyes. Wishing for love. I don't think that's what falling stars can make happen but I am desperate and so what maybe it will happen.

I quietly keep my eyes closed listening to the wind passing through the leaves of the tress creating a relaxing humming sound that makes me want to fall asleep right here, but if I do I will catch a cold.

The humming keeps going on for a while and gradually I hear it growing louder, I open my eyes and see that the leaves on the trees are shaking faster than before and it's getting colder. "I better get inside before catching a cold", I say to myself and get up but something grabs my attention in the sky.

A star is shinning so bright it's almost blinding, could that be a meteor? Bc I am sure there's no star that shines that bright. At least that's what science says. The wind gets hot around, that's weird it was cold a moment ago. The star shines brighter and brighter if it's possible and it seems to be getting closer. I should probably run but my curiosity gets the best of me and I stay here in the balcony looking at the star as it gets closer.

Suddenly everything returns back to normal and there's someone standing in front of me. Shocked I stick to the glass slides behind me looking at the crack I left open. But well that someone is definitely so beautiful. They are dressed in all white and they seem to shine exactly the same way that star was shinning just less bright that you can look without getting blind. Whoever they are they have short platinum hair styled perfectly. Their face looks like it was drawn on a canvas, it looks like art. I still haven't figured out if they are a man or a woman but they are definitely something. I am not scared of whatever is in front of me might be just innocently curious I bend my head a little to catch a glimpse of their face.

They seem to notice my action and slowly look up to me, their eyes meeting mines and I was staring at the most beautiful eyes ever. Their eyes are green but they seem to give a shine of blue in them, I can see that the outline of their eyes is golden. Those are definitely not a human eyes.