Greeting

My dad left me after I walked in, to see a beat up inside, as well as the outside.

"Hello, I hear your name is Madison. my name is Stan. I also heard by your father that your 16. I have a great niece and nephew about your age!"

Great? he's that old?

"Well," Stan continued, "why don't I call them down, to show you around? is that okay?"

"Ummma, sure!" I replied, but on the inside, I was terrified.

"Kids! there's someone I'd like you to meet!"

Slowly walked down a girl wearing black shorts and a red sweater with a penguin wearing a bow-tie on it. she had long, brown, curly hair, and silver braces. their was also a pig following her.

"Madison, this is my great niece, Mabel. Mabel, this is Madison. she's gonna be working here all summer. could you and your brother shoe her around?"

Brother?

"Sure! come on down, dipper! we have some things we gotta do!"

"They're twins." Stan whispered to me as my eyes beamed to the stairwell.

Down came a handsome teen with blackish blue shorts on, an orange tee, and a blue vest. he had brown hair, just like his sisters, but It was medium sized, and the top covered by a hat with a blue pine tree on it. He was tall, but not any taller than Mabel. actually, she seemed a tiny bit taller.

"Dipper, this is Madison. Maddie, this is Dipper." Mabel said.

"Hi Madison!" he exclaimed. I had to smile. his voice cracked!

"Hi. you can call me Maddie. so, is your name really Dipper?"

"Naw, it's my nickname. it's from my birthmark. people used to make fun of it until I started hiding it."

"Dude, show me!" I nudged his arm.

His checks turned bright pink as he took off the hat, and raised hid bangs. I gasped.

"The BIG DIPPER! dude that's so cool!"

"Really?" his voice was high.

"Yea! I mean, I have a weird birthmark too, but it's on my ankle..."

"Show me!"

I slid my sock down to show my shooting star birthmark.

He stood there, wide eyed, in awe.

"That's awesome!"

"Thanks" I nudged him.

We stood in silence for awhile.

"So, umm, Madison, you can have the next two days off until your ready. umm, have fun." Stan said.

Me, dipper, and Mabel, went into their living room to watch reruns of ductective, and talk about ourselves, I guess.

"So, Mabel and dipper, do you live with this guy or what?"

"Well," Mabel said, "our parents sent us up for the summer, cuz I guess we didn't get out much. this is our great uncles shack. we can show you around in a bit."

"Oh"

"So what about you Maddie?"

"What?"

"Why did you come up? where are you from? what's your parents like?" Dipper asked

"Well, I have my dad," their faces fell.

"I'm sorry." Mabel said.

"It's fine. so he's really fun, he tries not to be too strict, and his hair is a little grey, and his face is scruffy. umm, I really needed a job this summer, so he found this place. I'm from a small town called Levity Rise near the top of California. it's funny how its like, the opposite of gravity and falls. but whatever."

"That's cool! and not too far from here!" Mabel exclaimed.

They took me into the fist shop to see a red-haired woman, leaving.

"That's Wendy. she just turned 20. And dippers in LOVE with her." Mabel said, as my face fell. luckily dipper didn't see.

"No I don't," he said in defense, even though his cheeks turned red.

"Over there is the handyman, soos. he's really fun and you'll like him."

"Ok!"

"well, I'm gonna show her her new room for the summer." Mabel said.

"Okay" dipper replied.

Mabel took me down the hall, and to right to see this carved door. She slowly turned the doorknob.

"Welcome to your new room!"