Adventure

Today was the first day I got to hang out and go in an adventure with Dipper. Mabel couldn't come, she promised Candy and Grenda to hang out with them today. So I'm all alone with dipper.

All alone

"Hey, Maddie, it's great to finally hang out and go on adventure with you, SINCE YOUR A GREAT FRIEND AND ALL!" he practically screamed.

'I mean, come on! its so obvious he likes you!' Mabel kept saying in my memory. I mean, I was DYING inside to tell him I really liked him, and he could like me too. but at the same time he acted like he meant what he said as being a friend. I just don't know anymore.

"Thank Dip, it's great hanging out with you too." I finally managed to get out.

I honestly don't know where we're going but I don't care. I'm getting alone time with my biggest crush since second grade and that was with Robert Matthews, and I'm pretty sure he hated me.

"So umm... dipper, umm...." I stuttered. I wanted to tell him right then and there, but that's all I managed to get out.

He didn't pay attention anyway. his nose was way too deep into the journal for him to notice an awkward girl stuttering.

"Did you say something?" he said after what seemed like hours.

"No, just coughing." I faked a little smile. I probably looked like a monkey, but he didn't seem to notice that either....

I kept thinking about how much I liked dipper.

'Is it really that crazy? I guess love at first sight IS real. Maddie, your a freak for believing that crap. but, you really like him.' I couldn't stop thinking I was crazy for believing it, but at the same time, totally neutral about this all. it seemed ok, but so wrong.

"Maddie, were hunting down a beast, that if you make it irritated, it can kill you. you ready to start?"

Start? I though we already 'started'.

"Umm, ok then. yea I guess. I mean, sure."

"Great. lets start."

We walked down a path in the woods, following trees and the book.

All around us were pine trees. it was practically screaming 'Dipper!' but I pushed it away. my hands were sweating. it's not like I'm telling him now! why am I feeling like this?

"So, what is this creature?"

"I'm not technically sure... a mutant? yea, well go with that."

"Wait, you don't know?!"

"I'm not completely sure. maybe, I dunno."

"Dipper! what if we die?! we don't know what it is or it's weaknesses."

"Calm down! this was YOUR idea, remember?"

"Yea, but I never wanted to find something I don't know about first!"

"Well be ok! besides, I've got ya." he sort-of like, hugged my arm.

I sighed and shuffled along to this.

"Look Dipper, a cave!" I pointed at the opening at the bottom of the hill.

"Oh, yea! come on let's go!"

We started to head down to the cave