The battle

As we walked down the cave, I shook violently. dipper grabbed my hand, reassuring me I'm ok. my hands were clammy, but he held on and gave it a little squeeze. I was dying to hug him there and tell him how scared I was and how much I liked him and how long I waited to tell him, but it wasn't the right time. it was a little romantic, but we were in a dark cave. but I needed to tell him, or I'll explode.

"It's gonna be ok, I promise."

"But if anything happens to me, I want you to know I-i really-"

As we walked, I felt something brush up against me. hard, but leathery. And felt a little like bark in a tree.

"What was that?"

"What do you mean?"

"I felt something rub against me!"

"It's probably just your imagination."

I practically laughed. its probably just your imagination my butt! it rub up against me again. then, the monster came into view.

it was dark, but bright enough to make out. it was a mix between a gremloblin and the hide-behind. a mutant.

Next thing I new, he tightened his grip, pulled me along, and we were running until we got to the opening to the cave and ran outside.

"No! water will make it angry!"

It was true. he grew spikes on his back, and sharp fingernails. it came after us, but grabbed me.

It threw me acrossed the forest. I heard Dipper yell my name.

"NOOOOOOOO!" He yelled.

I landed with a thud, shaking crazily. I was covered in mud and rain water, but it stopped raining now. the ground slowly started shaking. It could only be 1 of 2 things: 1. An earthquake, 2. The mutant.

Then, the beast came into view, followed by dipper. Dipper was yelling at it to chase him instead. he quickly grabbed a rock and hit a tree, making some deer run. the monster got distracting by the deer, and chased after it.

Dipper rushed to me. "you alright?" he said, touching the deep cut on my forehead. I winced in pain.

"I'm fine." I croaked out. I wasn't at all fine. it hurt so much. tears started spilling out, but I wouldn't let him see me cry.

Then the monster came back, and grabbed me. I punched and kicked its big hand, but it was no use. he was too big and powerful. He had a strong grip.

Then, the monster did the unthinkable. it sunk its long, sharp claws through me. The claws hurt at first, but it just felt like being stung by a bee, or getting a shot. it stung a lot though, it made me feel sick. the last thing I heard was Dipper shriek out my name.

"MADDIE!!!!!" he shrieked out, tears streaming down his face.

Then the world faded to black