Seis - Truths and Lies

A few days before Friday...

Psalm spent her days looking at Filipino Youtube videos while searching for a job online.

PSALM'S POV

I feel so exhausted... I've spent the entire day staring at my laptop and phone. I feel drained and full of radiation.

Psalm caught herself randomly thinking about that Mark guy.

What the frick? What a mind invader!

I should get something to drink...maybe I'm just thirsty.

The tv was on and there was a toothpaste commercial with a cute guy smiling.

The smile reminded her of Mark and she was also smiling while thinking of him.

Kurt: You seem happy?

Psalm woke up from her mini-daydream.

Kurt: Busy?

Psalm: Not really, you?

Kurt: First week of work is quite stressful and I've been studying as well...

My kuya seems upset.

Psalm: You okay?

Kurt: Me and Xena had an argument...

Psalm: About what?

Kurt: I told her to stay at home... mas gusto ko pa nga na sa hospital nalang talaga siya mag stay para naman may mag follow-up sa kanya all the time...She's really stubborn. Things aren't the same anymore na kasi eh, may sakit siya and we need her to sacrifice things for the betterment of her health.

Kuya is very protective. He's always been like this, at times it may go overboard... but I always try to see where he's coming from and empathize on what he's feeling. I do get his point, but...

Psalm: Maybe she feels suffocated... maybe staying inside made her feel a lot more ill... just give her a break kuya... try to understand her part as well, I know it's not easy for you but it's also harder for her.

Kuya sighed, he's way too stress for someone on his age. He should be at the peak of his career and enjoying life, but now he's taking care of me...providing for me... making a lot of sacrifices for me... I really do owe him a lot.

Kurt: Matutulog na ako, you should sleep too.

Psalm: Good night Kuya...

I gave him a warm hug...

I love my kuya very much.

END OF POV

***

Psalm was scrolling on her feed as she was preparing for bed.

A messaged suddenly popped up.

***open's conversation***

From: Tyler

You awake? Can I call you?

---------------------------------------------------------------

To: Tyler

Yep... I'm awake? Not really down for a call rn, Kurt's sleeping. So, what's up?

---------------------------------------------------------------

From: Tyler

Sidney told me about everything. Sorry about that... it was all a misunderstanding.