Some clarifications

So here is what will happen.

For the first phase, I will read 3 chapters of the books that participate (excluding chapters that only introduce characters or author's notes)

Once I review them, I will rate them on a scale of 0/5,  0/10 or 0/20 (depending on the category. For example, cover review will be rated on a 0/5 scale, while plot will be rated on a 0/20 scale)

The participants who make it to the next phases have the option to change things on their books (like the cover, title, description) but they have to inform me for any changes they make.

The second phase will be rated again on the same categories (cover, description, plot etc). If someone wants to get the piece of advice I give and change some thing about the book, like cover or description, as long as they inform me about these changes, they will be rated again. Otherwise, people who decide to keep things as they are, will be rated on certain categories (cover, description) with the same score they got in the first phase, but without a reason why, since that will be given on the first phase of the competition.

------

Are you confused? Here is an example.  (keep in mind those are just some examples I came up with at the moment)

On phase 1:

Contestant: Haley C
Book: Absent
Genre: Fantasy
Book cover:

Description: In the magical land of Arondia, a disease has fallen, threatening to kill human kind

Description: In the magical land of Arondia, a disease has fallen, threatening to kill human kind. A Knight that goes by the name of Arthur Doyle, starts a journey in finding the cure that will save human kind. Will he make it?

Rating

Cover:2/5
Reason: it's really simple and you don't get a general Idea of what the book is. Try and find something a little more fitting, with a title and your name on the cover to make it more appealing to readers!

Description: 2/5
Reason: The description gives a general idea on what the book is about, so it's necessary to make a good impression! Rewriting a description where you show the readers what is going on, without revealing any of the good stuff, will be the best thing!

Characters: 7/10
Reason: (I don't want to write on all of these so let's say that I gave my opinion on it)

Way of writing: 9/10
Reason: (the same goes for here)

Plot: 9/10
Reason: (the same goes for here too)

On phase two:

Contestant: Haley C
Book: Absent
Genre: Fantasy
Book Cover: (the same)

Description: In the land of Arondia, a disease that has been killing people, has fallen

Description: In the land of Arondia, a disease that has been killing people, has fallen. With many people dying, rumors of a magical flower that holds the power to heal everything arises.  King James requests that this flower is brought to see human kind. A Knight that goes by the name of Arthur Doyle is the one who shall execute this task. But as time passes and the journey gets harder, will Arthur find the flower that will heal everyone? Or is it already too late?

Rating

Cover: 2/5 (since it was the same)

Description: 4/5
Reason: I am glad to see that you changed the description to something better!!! It's really good and you give a much better description to a book that really deserves it!!

....

(and the rest is history as they Say!)

-----

Do you have any questions? Ask me!!!