Phase 1: Ratings

Remember you can change your score by changing a few minor things on your book!

Also, next to your cover scores, I will write the description of the cover, just so you know which cover I am rating. (and try to find which one of you got the worst description I gave on the covers because some of them are just for laughs 😂)

1) xeexee17
Book: Once in a lifetime
Genre: Spiritual

Cover: 5/5 (two hands making a heart)
It's amazing! It states the author, title, a small quote in a simple but nice way, and it's relevant with the story!

Description: 4/5
It's easy to read, it makes the reader wanting to read the story, it's relevant with the plot and doesn't contain any spoilers that affect future chapters so far! I removed one point though because I spotted a few grammar mistakes on it.

Characters: 9.7/10
The connection you build between the main character and the reader is strong as it should be and they are realistic so far. I removed 0.3 points because you didn't pay that much attention to the rest of the characters as you did with the protagonist. I am hopeful this will change later in the story though!

Way of writing: 7.5/10
Just like the description, I spotted a few grammar mistakes that had to make me remove 1 point. It was appealing to read, since the paragraphs where just the right length so they don't make the reader get tired to read, or are too short to skip. I occasionally found a few inconsistencies that made me remove 0.5 points. I also removed one point because while you did a great job at describing the characters, I would have loved If you devoted a few lines to describe places too.

Plot: 18/20
It was really interesting to read. For first three chapters, it has a great pace, not too slow to make you get bored and not too quick to make you feel like you have missed a lot and I live how the plot is unraveling. But I had to remove 2 points on originality. Don't get me wrong, it's a great book so far! But the concept you present has been seen in a lot of Book. Still, it is interesting to read, which is why I thought it was best to but 3/5 points on originality.

Total score: 44.2/50
-------------------------------------------------------------
2) KirstenKaitlinSetty
Book: Legacy
Genre: Fantasy

Notes: I had to skip chapters 1-8 because they were character introductions. Don't worry though, I took a look at them so that I am not confused.

Cover: 5/5 (chess figures)
The cover is really appealing and it has everything you need to know. After reading the first three chapters, it makes a lot more sense why this is the cover, since it has a few things you see on the very first chapters of the book.

Description: 4.5/5
It doesn't have any grammar mistakes, it is definitely intriguing, relevant to the book and as far as I've read, it doesn't contain any major spoilers that affect the story. The only thing that I found wrong with and the reason why I had to remove 0.5 points was because it was not really appealing to look at. It's a really long description that while it manages to explain perfectly the story, some readers may find it as a downside and it may make them not to read your book. A good technique you could use is to put spaces between some paragraphs to give a better appearance.

Characters: 10/10
What else is there to say! The score says it all!

Way of writing: 9/10
Grammar mistakes seem to be no problem to you! And so are descriptions! Truly captivating and detailed, that I can see it happening right in front of me! But I had to remove a few points for two things. One, the appearance. What I understood is that you write long chapters, which aren't a bad thing themselves, but it gets a bit tiring to read a long chapter and having to read long paragraphs almost all the time. Which leads me to the second thing. Long paragraphs sometimes confuse readers and distracts them. I found myself rereading a few paragraphs because their length was so big, that it made me miss what what actually happening.