Daydreams

Ashton lay on his bed and thought about nothing in particular, various things floated through his mind, meetings, music and Jessica. No matter how hard he tried to push any thoughts of her out of his head, she always seemed to wander back to the front of his brain. He decided to take a swim in the hotel's private pool, he enjoyed to swim, it helped to take his mind off things. He was hoping it might take his mind of the receptionist who sat almost directly three floors underneath him.

Love, he decided, at least for now, was irrational. Irresponsible and irrational, he needed to keep focused on the band and his career. Changing into his swimming trunks and grabbing a towel, he took the back stairs down to the pool.

Security had assured him that the crazy fan would not be allowed onto the premises, but Ashton felt uneasy going through the lobby. He quickly jogged down the stairs and turned to the pool. It was heated, as the British cannot rely on the sun to keep anything warm, however it was a mildly warm, cloudless day, which meant the shimmery water looked very inviting. Dipping first only one toe into the water he slowly submerged his legs, before completely sinking into the refreshing water. All thoughts of Jessica and Jasmine left his head, as did any thoughts of Hayley or her warnings about his new hair colour.