Stressed

I have known Spencer since we were little.                                                                                                          We were the ones you knew would eventually get together; it was just a matter of when. Spencer finally asked me out once he got the job working as a profiler. He was so nervous and he refused to tell his team I existed.                                                                                                                              I was supposed to be the one thing in his life they couldn't tease him about.                          Although that changed when I came to visit and accidentally spilled the beans.                        Morgan gave him a hard time, Garcia squealed, and JJ congratulated us. Hotch patted Spencer on the back and Rossi kissed the back of my hand, which made me blush lightly. Emily just smiled and said 'congrats'.                                                                                                                                        They asked plenty of questions to which I answered for Spencer.                                                             He did make me blush deeply though when Morgan asked why he fell for me.                                    He said there and then that I was the one he would marry and have a family with, someday.    When Spencer did propose it was when I came to visit and he did it in front of the team.                  I of course said yes and everyone congratulated us once again.                                                                  The fear of rejection had disappeared from Spencer's face and turned to complete joy.                 He picked me up and spun me in circles; surprising everyone.                                                                 After the wedding we moved in together and it was perfect.                                                                           A few fights here and there but nothing we couldn't get over the next day with a make up kiss and coffee for him while he gave me tea.                                                                                                                    I understood how stressful his job is and I give him his space. I learned over the years how to comfort him.                                                                                                                                                                     Like today.

After arriving at our apartment from work I changed into comfortable clothes, consisting of Spencer's sweater and leggings with mismatched Halloween socks.                                                            I laid on the couch and started to binge my favorite show, Gilligan's Island.                                             A pillow between my legs and a bag of chips in my hands.                                                                                  I was nearly falling asleep by the time my husband comes home.                                                            The door opens slowly and Spencer walks in, sniffling.                                                                                    He tried to hide his emotion, cause he doesn't like to worry me, even though it only worries me more.                                                                                                                                                                                            I sit up and watch my brunette beauty take off his shoes and jacket, hanging it on the rack next to the door. "Hello darling." I greet quietly and sit up on the couch.                                                             The chips rest on the coffee table in front of the couch and I move the pillow to the side. Spencer doesn't greet me back, the second signal he was upset.                                                                   I smile slightly as I open my arms.                                                                                                                             He looks into my eyes for exactly 3 seconds before he walks over and collapses onto me.             His head on my lap and his hands squeeze my knee and the material covering the small of my back.                                                                                                                                                                                       His feet rest on the arm of the couch.                                                                                                                            I gently play with his long hair and hum softly.                                                                                                    His grip began to shift between tight and loose.                                                                                                     A small smile graces my lip as I continue.                                                                                                           After a few minutes I begin to softly sing his favorite song (one that actually has lyrics, possibly in a different language knowing Spence).                                                                                                             His sniffles cease and his head turns so his ear is pressed to my thigh, although I continue to play with his hair.                                                                                                                                                                   I look down and kiss his temple.                                                                                                                            "Even after all this time you still know how to calm me down." Spencer whispers with a raspy voice.                                                                                                                                                                         "Actually I would say time has made me wiser to the things I can do to make you feel better." I inform as he turns onto his back.                                                                                                                                He sniffles once more and I hand him a tissue.                                                                                              "Blow. That mucus is not good for your throat."                                                                                                  He laughs softly and nods. "Yes ma'am." He blows his nose and I throw the tissue in the trash bin next to the couch.                                                                                                                                                "How about I run us a nice hot bath. I can give you a massage while in there too." I offer and he smiles nodding.                                                                                                                                                                  We stand up and make our way to the bathroom and I begin filling the tub.                                        He strips quickly and rubs my hips from behind me.                                                                                             I giggle softly and take the hint. I strip and bend over to stop the water.                                                He was biting his lip as he watched my butt, that much I knew. He tried hiding the fact but it didn't take a profiler to know every guy watches their naked wife's butt when they bend over.     It's like human nature, for both men and women.                                                                                                 I get into the tub and Spencer gets in behind me.                                                                                               He holds me close and I lean back into him.                                                                                                         My head rests on his shoulder.                                                                                                                                   "Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask softly.                                                                                                              He sighs but shakes his head. "Nah. I wanna enjoy this." He responds just as quietly.                           I smile and nod. "As you wish darling."                                                                                                                   He kisses my cheek and rubs my stomach with his thumbs.                                                                             I giggle softly at the sensation.                                                                                                                        Spencer laughs softly and kisses my neck. "I love you so much sweetheart. I will never stop, I promise. After all you've done for me, I could never leave you."                                                                     I sigh softly and turn my body so I can look into his eyes. "Spencer Walter Reid," I begin and take his hands in mine. "I have loved you since you were 5 and I was 4. It was Tuesday the 23rd. I promised myself you would be mine someday. I would do anything for you and I would give you all my love. I would comfort you when you needed a shoulder to cry on. I would never judge you or think you were weird. No matter what you grew up to be, I wanted you, for the rest of my life." Spencer cuts me off with his lips.                                                                                                                              His soft lips caressed mine in a long, sweet kiss.                                                                                         Neither of us deepen the kiss but enjoy it.                                                                                                      That's what I love about him.                                                                                                                                      He doesn't want to go too fast.                                                                                                                                  We haven't even had sex yet, mostly because he's afraid of hurting me.                                                 He doesn't try to force me to do anything as well. He only just got used to us bathing together. Spencer cups my face with both hands and I do the same to him.                                                                  After a while we pull away and pant quietly.                                                                                                    "Your lips are so soft and I can't get enough of them." Spencer whispers and looks into my eyes. I giggle and nod in agreement. "Yours as well darling."                                                                                  He smiles and leans his forehead against mine.                                                                                                 We close our eyes and sit in the tub for a while.                                                                                                      I massage his shoulders and his once tense muscles relax and I can feel all the stress disappear. When we decide to get out we dry off and dress in our pjs.                                                                           He lays on the bed first and I curl into him once I'm finished getting ready.                                                I close my eyes and inhale his scent. "Spence," I whisper.                                                                          "Yes darling?" He answers in a whisper as well.                                                                                                     "I love you, goodnight."                                                                                                                                                    "I love you as well. Sweet dreams." He responds and rubs my back.                                                            I smile and listen to him hum as I fall asleep.                                                                                                        He soon falls asleep, holding me flush against his chest, smiling as he watches me sleep.