Chapter 1

The fog and rain were so heavy. The wind blew hard and fast. It was hard to see where I was going as I walked down the barren streets. I held my umbrella tightly as I shivered. I was on my way home from the mall where I hung out with my best friend Charlie. We walked around and bought some lunch. Since my dad was at work I had to walk home by myself. It was cold but, I couldn't complain. I've always had a love for the rain. The way it patters on the ground. It's free and beautiful. Just then , a tall guy ran into me, causing me to drop my umbrella and fall on the hard cement. "Oh my gosh! I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you!" He grabbed my hand and helped me up. I was immediately mesmerized. I imagined running my hands through his dark brown hair. Waking up every morning and knowing he was mine. But his eyes. Oh, his eyes. I looked into beautiful his green eyes and I saw galaxies. I could see all the stars and the planets align perfectly. I could see the future and the past. I could feel every emotion possible. I've never meant him but I knew I could tell him anything. I could trust him with my life. I needed to know his name. I anxiously asked him. It rolled off his tongue like a sweet melody, "Kaden Mass". Right at that moment, I fell truly, and deeply in love with him.